KOM at Tour

Usually it`s only one rider, who gets first big KOMs. Hard to predict..very hard!

Virenque said:
Probably Lazslo Bodrogi..let`s make a poll!:D
Guys get real.
Magnus Backstedt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(the heaviest rider in last year's tour)

Okay, har, har everyone :D

How about Moncoutie? He'd be a good French successor to Virenque...

Looking at last year possibly Rasmussen. Depends where he is on GC if he'll be allowed to go off ahead. Its a shame he is concentrating on the Worlds because i thought that Petacchi chap had a good chance. Apparently that Cipollini bloke was doing mountain training with him.

I think your all overlooking Santiago Botero, dont be to quick to ridicule this suggestion, just wait and see what happens. I'll be on Galibier cheering him over as the first rider on the top.

Axel Merckx. He needs something other than his olympic Bronze medal to show his dad.

tcklyde said:
I think Merckx is a good bet.
I competely forgot about Merckx. He is also a good climber too, but I wouldn't say that he is better than Rasmussen or Menchov of Rabobank.

ChangMan said:
I competely forgot about Merckx. He is also a good climber too, but I wouldn't say that he is better than Rasmussen or Menchov of Rabobank.
The best climber doesn't generally win the Polka Dot Jersey!
Rasmussen will go for a stage win rather than consistency I think.
Menchov will probably try for a good result on GC.
My second guess would be one of the Euskatel boys - unspecified which!

Youre right Menchov for GC (his goal a 5th place) and Rasmussen WANTS a stage win in le tour. I think if Rasmussen wouldn't attack so much he can finish much higher. He can climb with the best.....(well maybe not with armstrong, basso);) still good though!

patch70 said:
The best climber doesn't generally win the Polka Dot Jersey!
Rasmussen will go for a stage win rather than consistency I think.
Menchov will probably try for a good result on GC.
My second guess would be one of the Euskatel boys - unspecified which!