Kona bikes any good

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jr, Feb 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jr

Jr Guest

Hi,

I have been looking for a light duel suspension mountain bike. I have been looking primarily at the
    Giant NRS Air and Ellsworth truth. I have been reading good things about the Kona's but they have
    only a few dealers in IL and none are near me. So before I head out to take a closer look I was
    hoping to get some onions on their products. I am looking at the Kikapu Deluxe.

Thanks

Tags:

2. Dave Haley

Dave Haley Guest

"JR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been looking for a light duel suspension mountain bike. I have been looking primarily at
    > the Giant NRS Air and Ellsworth truth. I have been reading good things about the Kona's but they
    > have only a few dealers in
    IL
    > and none are near me. So before I head out to take a closer look I was hoping to get some onions
    > on their products. I am looking at the Kikapu Deluxe.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    JR, JD has advised us that Kona's are good for sidewalk riding but I haven't been able to test mine
    out in that environment since snow covers most of the ones near me. I have a 2002 Kona Manomano (XC
    full sus.) that I feel suits my riding needs. I live in Rockland County, NY where most of the riding
    is hilly, rocky, and rooty. I tested a Giant NRS but found the Kona more of what I liked.

The shop owner where I bought my Kona from let me take his 2001 King Kikapu (mildly upgraded from
    stock) on an all day test ride on the trails I ride. This is a testament of a good LBS and made my
    decision relatively easy. I was able to swap out components such as the seatpost and stem for
    Thomsons for little extra cash.

Just keep a thick skin when I comes to feedback from some members of this group.
    --

Dave Haley www.geocities.com/bikegeek66

3. Penny S.

Penny S. Guest

JR wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been looking for a light duel suspension mountain bike. I have been looking primarily at
    > the Giant NRS Air and Ellsworth truth. I have been reading good things about the Kona's but they
    > have only a few dealers in IL and none are near me. So before I head out to take a closer look I
    > was hoping to get some onions on their products. I am looking at the Kikapu Deluxe.
    >
    > Thanks

mmm love mine

penny

4. Penny S.

Penny S. Guest

Dave Haley wrote:
    > "JR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:6EM5a[email protected]...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have been looking for a light duel suspension mountain bike. I have been looking primarily at
    >> the Giant NRS Air and Ellsworth truth. I have been reading good things about the Kona's but they
    >> have only a few dealers in IL and none are near me. So before I head out to take a closer look I
    >> was hoping to get some onions on their products. I am looking at the Kikapu Deluxe.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >>
    > JR, JD has advised us that Kona's are good for sidewalk riding but I haven't been able to test
    > mine out in that environment since snow covers most of the ones near me.

He only says that 'cuz he's seen a few break out in the boonies, and because he knows it'll
    make me cry.

penny

5. MTBScottie

MTBScottie Guest

"Dave Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "JR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have been looking for a light duel suspension mountain bike. I have been looking primarily at
    > > the Giant NRS Air and Ellsworth truth. I have been reading good things about the Kona's but they
    > > have only a few dealers in
    > IL
    > > and none are near me. So before I head out to take a closer look I was hoping to get some onions
    > > on their products. I am looking at the Kikapu Deluxe.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > >
    > JR, JD has advised us that Kona's are good for sidewalk riding but I haven't been able to test
    > mine out in that environment since snow covers most of the ones near me. I have a 2002 Kona
    > Manomano (XC full sus.) that I feel suits my riding needs. I live in Rockland County, NY where
    > most of the riding is hilly, rocky, and rooty. I tested a Giant NRS but found the Kona more of
    > what I liked.
    >
    > The shop owner where I bought my Kona from let me take his 2001 King Kikapu (mildly upgraded from
    > stock) on an all day test ride on the trails I ride. This is a testament of a good LBS and made my
    > decision relatively easy. I was able to swap out components such as the seatpost and stem for
    > Thomsons for little extra cash.
    >
    > Just keep a thick skin when I comes to feedback from some members of this group.

Lesson #1 Dave, and probably the most important one you'll ever learn, take his advice for what it's
    worth, which proven again and again, is worthless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.