Kona bikes any good

Jr

Guest
Hi,

I have been looking for a light duel suspension mountain bike. I have been looking primarily at the
Giant NRS Air and Ellsworth truth. I have been reading good things about the Kona's but they have
only a few dealers in IL and none are near me. So before I head out to take a closer look I was
hoping to get some onions on their products. I am looking at the Kikapu Deluxe.

Thanks

"JR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:6EM5a.196048$2H6.3400@sccrnsc04...
> Hi,
>
> I have been looking for a light duel suspension mountain bike. I have been looking primarily at
> the Giant NRS Air and Ellsworth truth. I have been reading good things about the Kona's but they
> have only a few dealers in
IL
> and none are near me. So before I head out to take a closer look I was hoping to get some onions
> on their products. I am looking at the Kikapu Deluxe.
>
> Thanks

JR, JD has advised us that Kona's are good for sidewalk riding but I haven't been able to test mine
out in that environment since snow covers most of the ones near me. I have a 2002 Kona Manomano (XC
full sus.) that I feel suits my riding needs. I live in Rockland County, NY where most of the riding
is hilly, rocky, and rooty. I tested a Giant NRS but found the Kona more of what I liked.

The shop owner where I bought my Kona from let me take his 2001 King Kikapu (mildly upgraded from
stock) on an all day test ride on the trails I ride. This is a testament of a good LBS and made my
decision relatively easy. I was able to swap out components such as the seatpost and stem for
Thomsons for little extra cash.

Just keep a thick skin when I comes to feedback from some members of this group.
--

Dave Haley www.geocities.com/bikegeek66

JR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been looking for a light duel suspension mountain bike. I have been looking primarily at
> the Giant NRS Air and Ellsworth truth. I have been reading good things about the Kona's but they
> have only a few dealers in IL and none are near me. So before I head out to take a closer look I
> was hoping to get some onions on their products. I am looking at the Kikapu Deluxe.
>
> Thanks

mmm love mine

penny

Dave Haley wrote:
> "JR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:6EM5a.196048$2H6.3400@sccrnsc04...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been looking for a light duel suspension mountain bike. I have been looking primarily at
>> the Giant NRS Air and Ellsworth truth. I have been reading good things about the Kona's but they
>> have only a few dealers in IL and none are near me. So before I head out to take a closer look I
>> was hoping to get some onions on their products. I am looking at the Kikapu Deluxe.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> JR, JD has advised us that Kona's are good for sidewalk riding but I haven't been able to test
> mine out in that environment since snow covers most of the ones near me.

He only says that 'cuz he's seen a few break out in the boonies, and because he knows it'll
make me cry.

penny

"Dave Haley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "JR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:6EM5a.196048$2H6.3400@sccrnsc04...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been looking for a light duel suspension mountain bike. I have been looking primarily at
> > the Giant NRS Air and Ellsworth truth. I have been reading good things about the Kona's but they
> > have only a few dealers in
> IL
> > and none are near me. So before I head out to take a closer look I was hoping to get some onions
> > on their products. I am looking at the Kikapu Deluxe.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> JR, JD has advised us that Kona's are good for sidewalk riding but I haven't been able to test
> mine out in that environment since snow covers most of the ones near me. I have a 2002 Kona
> Manomano (XC full sus.) that I feel suits my riding needs. I live in Rockland County, NY where
> most of the riding is hilly, rocky, and rooty. I tested a Giant NRS but found the Kona more of
> what I liked.
>
> The shop owner where I bought my Kona from let me take his 2001 King Kikapu (mildly upgraded from
> stock) on an all day test ride on the trails I ride. This is a testament of a good LBS and made my
> decision relatively easy. I was able to swap out components such as the seatpost and stem for
> Thomsons for little extra cash.
>
> Just keep a thick skin when I comes to feedback from some members of this group.

Lesson #1 Dave, and probably the most important one you'll ever learn, take his advice for what it's
worth, which proven again and again, is worthless.