Kona Dawg Delux or Jamis Dakar XLT 2

Chas

Guest
Can't decide on a Kona Dawg Delux or Jamis Dakar XLT 2. Anyone own one of these. I wish the Dawg had
5" of travel like the Dakar, and a true Horst link. Is the bob of the Kona really that bad? On the
other hand while the Dakar has better parts spec., for the money, I've read a lot of people
complaining about BAD chain suck, worn bushings in the rear, (instead of all sealed bearings) and
broken seatstays (there was a recall on the 2002 Dakars). Brings me back to Kona's bombproof
frames... Yes, I know I need to test ride them, but I'm in Connecticut and it just snowed another 2
ft. Besides, a short parking lot drive won't tell me enough.

Hell maybe I'll look at a Santa Cruz Heckler too (don't really want to spend that much). Now do I
get a Romic or 5th Element, Float or Vanilla?

I should just end it all and buy a huffy

Chas

Did you ever decide? I'm currently weighing the Dakar XLT against the Kona Dawg myself. I'd be very interested in hearing how the search turned out.

"justwright03" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Did you ever decide? I'm currently weighing the Dakar XLT against the Kona Dawg myself. I'd be
> very interested in hearing how the search turned out.

I think the Kona bikes are better built. They just look stronger--tubing,welds, attention to detail,
everything.

Pat in TX