Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Kona Lava Dome fork update info need help

Started by DaveRinn · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,232 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
20 May 2005
Last activity
25 May 2005
Original author
DaveRinn
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,232
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I looking for some help in updating my old Kona Lave Dome. It's a late 90's orange in color with PJ two rigid forks right now. I'm looking to put suspension on it but I don't want to affect the ride hight. What size steering tube, travel should I be looking for and will I be able to use my old hardware? I love this bike as is but I'd like to get a little travel in the front. Any help or sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Dave

  2. Anybody have any ideas?

  3. DaveRinn said:

    Anybody have any ideas?


    Well, yer gonna have to measure your HT/steerer tube yourself. Get a minimum travel fork and if you are using canti brakes make sure the fork has a provision for a cable stop.

  4. It's 1" threaded with about a 6" steer tube. I don't want to change the ride height or stance. Am I pretty limited at this point?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.