kona/scott specialized orange bike rack

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Mar 20, 2006.

  1. help just bought this rack on ebay, does anybody know anything about
    these products, checked kona's web site, nada, nothing, silch i did not
    check if it would do for an estate car i need help here

    Tags:

  2. Dane Buson

    Dane Buson Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > help just bought this rack on ebay, does anybody know anything about
    > these products, checked kona's web site, nada, nothing, silch i did not
    > check if it would do for an estate car i need help here

    I added uk.rec.cycling, as they're more likely to be able to help you.
    I'm assuming from your email address and word choice that you are in the
    UK currently.

    Of course photos of the rack, details as to whether it's a roof / trunk /
    hitch rack, and what car you're attaching it to would all help.

    --
    Dane Buson - [email protected]
    You have all eternity to be cautious in when you're dead.

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Dane Buson wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:

    >> help just bought this rack on ebay, does anybody know anything about
    >> these products, checked kona's web site, nada, nothing, silch i did
    >> not check if it would do for an estate car i need help here

    > I added uk.rec.cycling, as they're more likely to be able to help you.
    > I'm assuming from your email address and word choice that you are in
    > the UK currently.
    >
    > Of course photos of the rack, details as to whether it's a roof /
    > trunk / hitch rack, and what car you're attaching it to would all
    > help.

    As would, of course, asking these questions BEFORE purchasing.

    Bill S.

  4. Dane Buson

    Dane Buson Guest

    Sorni <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Dane Buson wrote:
    >> [email protected] wrote:

    >>> help just bought this rack on ebay, does anybody know anything about
    >>> these products, checked kona's web site, nada, nothing, silch i did
    >>> not check if it would do for an estate car i need help here

    >> I added uk.rec.cycling, as they're more likely to be able to help you.
    >> I'm assuming from your email address and word choice that you are in
    >> the UK currently.
    >>
    >> Of course photos of the rack, details as to whether it's a roof /
    >> trunk / hitch rack, and what car you're attaching it to would all
    >> help.

    > As would, of course, asking these questions BEFORE purchasing.

    Well, yes. But I was trying to be nice. Of course, I see they posted
    almost the same thing with a different nym in rb.tech, which is... odd.

    --
    Dane Buson - [email protected]
    "There will be a Moscow Exhibition of Arts by 15,000 Soviet Republic painters

  5. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Dane Buson wrote:
    > Sorni <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Dane Buson wrote:

    >>> I added uk.rec.cycling, as they're more likely to be able to help
    >>> you. I'm assuming from your email address and word choice that you
    >>> are in the UK currently.
    >>>
    >>> Of course photos of the rack, details as to whether it's a roof /
    >>> trunk / hitch rack, and what car you're attaching it to would all
    >>> help.

    >> As would, of course, asking these questions BEFORE purchasing.

    > Well, yes. But I was trying to be nice.

    Same here. Just thought it needed pointing out, politely and with
    restraint. :)

    > Of course, I see they posted
    > almost the same thing with a different nym in rb.tech, which is...
    > odd.

    Indeed.

  6. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Dane Buson
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> help just bought this rack on ebay, does anybody know anything about
    >> these products, checked kona's web site, nada, nothing, silch i did
    >> not check if it would do for an estate car i need help here

    > I added uk.rec.cycling, as they're more likely to be able to help you.
    > I'm assuming from your email address and word choice that you are in
    > the UK currently.

    Standard scammy ebay seller's practice of regurgitating every brand name
    he can think of, irrespective of whether it has anything to do with the
    product actually being offered for sale or not. Kona, Scott, Specialized
    and Orange are all brands of bicycle. As far as I know, none of them
    make car racks, although Specialized may do so. But there is certainly
    no such thing as a 'kona/scott specialized orange bike rack'.

    As an addendum, I would advise not buying from this ebay vendor; if he's
    prepared to be scammy and dishonest about his product description, how
    can you trust him at all?

    'graveyards are full of indispensable people'