kona stinky

crash

Guest
Can get a kona stinky for just over £1,000 is it any good or is there a
better bike at this kind of price
Specification
Bottom Bracket - TruVativ Hussefelt-Howitzer
Brake Levers - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
Cassette - Shimano CS-HG-50 11-32 9 speed
Chain - Shimano CN-HG53
Chainrings - TV Rockguard /36/24
Colour - Black
Crankset - TruVativ Hussefelt-Howitzer
Fork - Marzocchi Drop Off Triple 170mm
Frame - Kona Clump Aluminum, 7" Travel
Front Brake - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
Front Derailleur - Shimano Deore
Front Hub - KK Disc
Front Tyre - Maxxis Minion DH 26 x 2.5
Gear Levers - Shimano Deore
HandleBar - TruVativ Hussefelt OS Riser
Pedals - Kona Jackshit
Rear Brake - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore LX
Rear Hub - Shimano FH-M525 disc
Rear Shock - Fox Vanilla DHX 3.0
Rear Tyre - Maxxis Minion DH 26 x 2.5
Rims - Sun MTX-S
Saddle - WTB Pure V Comp
SeatClamp - Kona QR
SeatPost - TruVativ XR Double Clamp
Size - 16" (Large)
Stem - TruVativ Hussefelt OS
Tape/Grips - Kona Jackshit
Year - 2006

crash wrote:
> Can get a kona stinky for just over £1,000 is it any good or is there a
> better bike at this kind of price
> Specification
> Bottom Bracket - TruVativ Hussefelt-Howitzer
> Brake Levers - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
> Cassette - Shimano CS-HG-50 11-32 9 speed
> Chain - Shimano CN-HG53
> Chainrings - TV Rockguard /36/24
> Colour - Black
> Crankset - TruVativ Hussefelt-Howitzer
> Fork - Marzocchi Drop Off Triple 170mm
> Frame - Kona Clump Aluminum, 7" Travel
> Front Brake - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
> Front Derailleur - Shimano Deore
> Front Hub - KK Disc
> Front Tyre - Maxxis Minion DH 26 x 2.5
> Gear Levers - Shimano Deore
> HandleBar - TruVativ Hussefelt OS Riser
> Pedals - Kona Jackshit
> Rear Brake - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
> Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore LX
> Rear Hub - Shimano FH-M525 disc
> Rear Shock - Fox Vanilla DHX 3.0
> Rear Tyre - Maxxis Minion DH 26 x 2.5
> Rims - Sun MTX-S
> Saddle - WTB Pure V Comp
> SeatClamp - Kona QR
> SeatPost - TruVativ XR Double Clamp
> Size - 16" (Large)
> Stem - TruVativ Hussefelt OS
> Tape/Grips - Kona Jackshit
> Year - 2006

"What does the 'Z' mean?"

-dan

--
http://www.coruskate.net/

"crash" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can get a kona stinky for just over £1,000 is it any good or is there a
> better bike at this kind of price
> Specification
> Bottom Bracket - TruVativ Hussefelt-Howitzer
> Brake Levers - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
> Cassette - Shimano CS-HG-50 11-32 9 speed
> Chain - Shimano CN-HG53
> Chainrings - TV Rockguard /36/24
> Colour - Black
> Crankset - TruVativ Hussefelt-Howitzer
> Fork - Marzocchi Drop Off Triple 170mm
> Frame - Kona Clump Aluminum, 7" Travel
> Front Brake - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
> Front Derailleur - Shimano Deore
> Front Hub - KK Disc
> Front Tyre - Maxxis Minion DH 26 x 2.5
> Gear Levers - Shimano Deore
> HandleBar - TruVativ Hussefelt OS Riser
> Pedals - Kona Jackshit
> Rear Brake - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
> Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore LX
> Rear Hub - Shimano FH-M525 disc
> Rear Shock - Fox Vanilla DHX 3.0
> Rear Tyre - Maxxis Minion DH 26 x 2.5
> Rims - Sun MTX-S
> Saddle - WTB Pure V Comp
> SeatClamp - Kona QR
> SeatPost - TruVativ XR Double Clamp
> Size - 16" (Large)
> Stem - TruVativ Hussefelt OS
> Tape/Grips - Kona Jackshit
> Year - 2006

I'm not sure that black is a suitable colour......

crash wrote on 20/11/2006 16:39 +0100:
> Can get a kona stinky for just over £1,000 is it any good or is there a
> better bike at this kind of price

Ask on the Singletrack forum. You will get a better class of advice and
abuse there on this sort of topic.
http://www.singletrackworld.com/

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

vernon wrote:
> "crash" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Can get a kona stinky for just over £1,000 is it any good or is there a
>> better bike at this kind of price
>> Specification
>> Bottom Bracket - TruVativ Hussefelt-Howitzer
>> Brake Levers - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
>> Cassette - Shimano CS-HG-50 11-32 9 speed
>> Chain - Shimano CN-HG53
>> Chainrings - TV Rockguard /36/24
>> Colour - Black
>> Crankset - TruVativ Hussefelt-Howitzer
>> Fork - Marzocchi Drop Off Triple 170mm
>> Frame - Kona Clump Aluminum, 7" Travel
>> Front Brake - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
>> Front Derailleur - Shimano Deore
>> Front Hub - KK Disc
>> Front Tyre - Maxxis Minion DH 26 x 2.5
>> Gear Levers - Shimano Deore
>> HandleBar - TruVativ Hussefelt OS Riser
>> Pedals - Kona Jackshit
>> Rear Brake - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
>> Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore LX
>> Rear Hub - Shimano FH-M525 disc
>> Rear Shock - Fox Vanilla DHX 3.0
>> Rear Tyre - Maxxis Minion DH 26 x 2.5
>> Rims - Sun MTX-S
>> Saddle - WTB Pure V Comp
>> SeatClamp - Kona QR
>> SeatPost - TruVativ XR Double Clamp
>> Size - 16" (Large)
>> Stem - TruVativ Hussefelt OS
>> Tape/Grips - Kona Jackshit
>> Year - 2006
>>

> I'm not sure that black is a suitable colour......

And you can get black bikes much cheaper than this.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:39:50 +0000, crash wrote:

> Can get a kona stinky for just over £1,000 is it any good or is there a
> better bike at this kind of price
> Specification

Dunno, what sort of riding are you planning on doing?

--
Mike

Van Tuyl titanium Dura Ace 10
Fausto Coppi aluminium Ultegra 10
Raleigh Record Sprint mongrel

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:09:13 +0000, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
wrote:

>crash wrote on 20/11/2006 16:39 +0100:
>> Can get a kona stinky for just over £1,000 is it any good or is there a
>> better bike at this kind of price

>Ask on the Singletrack forum. You will get a better class of advice and
>abuse there on this sort of topic.
>http://www.singletrackworld.com/

Unless you are looking for advice on a tandem, folding bike or obscure
30 year old frame I advise looking at the MBUK and What Mountain Bike
forums.

uk.rec.cycling is really only for weirdos getting hot under the collar
about the following:

cars
dogs
walkers
bells
swans
cycle lanes
law suits
"civilians" on bikes

You forgot H****ts and Telford ;-)

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

in message <[email protected]>, crash
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Can get a kona stinky for just over £1,000 is it any good or is there a
> better bike at this kind of price

It's another cheap downhiller. If you want a cheap downhiller, it's OK.
Don't try to ride it up hills, because it would be /very/ hard work. And
there are a lot of bushes in the rocker arm mechanism, which means
maintenance is going to be expensive.

But are you certain you want a downhiller? There are very few places in
Britain where you can ride one.

Hobbit ringleader gives Sauron One in the Eye.

"crash" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Can get a kona stinky for just over £1,000 is it any good or is there a
> better bike at this kind of price
> Specification
> Bottom Bracket - TruVativ Hussefelt-Howitzer
> Brake Levers - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
> Cassette - Shimano CS-HG-50 11-32 9 speed
> Chain - Shimano CN-HG53
> Chainrings - TV Rockguard /36/24
> Colour - Black
> Crankset - TruVativ Hussefelt-Howitzer
> Fork - Marzocchi Drop Off Triple 170mm
> Frame - Kona Clump Aluminum, 7" Travel
> Front Brake - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
> Front Derailleur - Shimano Deore
> Front Hub - KK Disc
> Front Tyre - Maxxis Minion DH 26 x 2.5
> Gear Levers - Shimano Deore
> HandleBar - TruVativ Hussefelt OS Riser
> Pedals - Kona Jackshit
> Rear Brake - Hayes Hydraulic HFX-9 HD V8
> Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore LX
> Rear Hub - Shimano FH-M525 disc
> Rear Shock - Fox Vanilla DHX 3.0
> Rear Tyre - Maxxis Minion DH 26 x 2.5
> Rims - Sun MTX-S
> Saddle - WTB Pure V Comp
> SeatClamp - Kona QR
> SeatPost - TruVativ XR Double Clamp
> Size - 16" (Large)
> Stem - TruVativ Hussefelt OS
> Tape/Grips - Kona Jackshit
> Year - 2006

A mate has one. They're alright but the forks are a bit mank and top out all
the time. TBH you'd be much better off finding out about bikes and bike bits
in general than posting a spec here every time you look at a bike.

crash said the following on 20/11/2006 16:39:
> Can get a kona stinky for just over £1,000 is it any good or is there a
> better bike at this kind of price

Is it any good for what? You still haven't told us (AFAIK) what you
want to do with the bike. DH bikes are only any good for, er, going
downhill. Is that all you want to use it for? Bearing in mind you
don't give the impression of being that knowledgeable about bikes,
perhaps you can help us to help you by telling us what you really want
the bike for.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

"PUSHERBOT" <[email protected]> wrote:

> uk.rec.cycling is really only for weirdos getting hot under the collar
> about the following:
>
> cars
> dogs
> walkers
> bells
> swans
> cycle lanes
> law suits
> "civilians" on bikes

Swans?

in message <[email protected]>, Doki
('[email protected]') wrote:

> A mate has one. They're alright but the forks are a bit mank and top out
> all the time.

A downhill bike at this sort of price is bound to have some problems; if
this is the budget the guy has got, he needs to decide which set of
problems he's prepared to put up with.

A couple of kids in the village have got themselves second-hand Specialized
Demo 8s this year, and are having a lot of fun on them, mostly on the Ae
downhill course. The bikes seem well made and solid, and if they're giving
any trouble they haven't come to me to fix them (which one at least of
them usually does when he's got bike trouble).

;; Good grief, I can remember when England won the Ashes.

> in message <[email protected]>, Doki
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> A mate has one. They're alright but the forks are a bit mank and top out
>> all the time.

> A downhill bike at this sort of price is bound to have some problems; if
> this is the budget the guy has got, he needs to decide which set of
> problems he's prepared to put up with.

Yep. It's the old cheap light strong thing again.