Kona Stuff or GT Ruckus 2.0

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by rmjmarlow, Mar 15, 2004.

1. rmjmarlow

rmjmarlow New Member

I want a hardcore Hard tail, found GT Ruckus 2.0 and the Kona Stuff £800 is my absolute maximum to spend. On the GT site, the rucus is £700 and the Kona (Halfords) is £800.

For a start, the Kona has much much better forks (Marzocchi Bomber Drop-off Comp 110mm) whereas the GT has the Marzocchi MZ Race 100mm. Same travel, but the Kona's are much better as seen on the Marzocchi site. That is pretty much the only difference I know of. I don't know about the specs of the fittings etc. as I don't know much about them.

I am going to go halves for my 21st (good old mum and dad) so I need a convincing arguement to get the Kona. I prefer it but need to know if it is a bad decision. Haven't riden either but would give them some fun around the cotswold vallys.

Come on, anyone help me get the best for my money and don't forget that I need a convincing argument for mum and Dad
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Tags:

2. Super Otaku

Super Otaku New Member

I suggest that you go for the Kona. Just an extra hundred pounds gives a better fork and better parts.
    If you want a really affordable one, try looking for the Specialized hardrock.:D

3. rmjmarlow

rmjmarlow New Member

what's the difference between the Kona and the Hard rock. I think the Kona looks better but it is £££££££££££££££££'s. Not hugly keen on specialized though. I used to have a Kona

4. Super Otaku

Super Otaku New Member

Well I have a hardrock and it is quite good for dirt jumping....

Anyway, if you do dirt jumping then go for the Kona. If you do some XC the go for the GT.

5. IKON

IKON New Member

well my brother works in halfords and he says the kona,he was gonna buy it over the ruckus

6. rmjmarlow

rmjmarlow New Member

nice. pissed now. sorry. been out. i think i will give up on any other option. I just love the kona. i think it is sooooooooo cool. i want one!!!! i have had one before. the frame is just sooo awesome. so responsive and firm and I love the firmity. I think I have aleady made my mind up, I just want some reassurance!!!

7. Ghr7891

Ghr7891 New Member

KONA STUFF, its a great bike. if not go for a P1, P2, or P3

8. rmjmarlow

rmjmarlow New Member

I think I will go for the Kona as the forks on the P bikesare not as good and all the reviews say the same.

9. IKON

IKON New Member

the kona has dirt jumpers the the GT has the marzochi exr comp's.

i was messing with the ruckus today and the decals look tacky