Kona Unit - Single Speed MTB

Ski

Guest
Hi,

Has anyone used the Kona Unit MTB bike yet - if so what do you think?

Also does anyone have any good links on Single Speed MTB's.

cheers

Bob

On Mon, 19 May 2003 20:53:33 +0100, "Ski" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Has anyone used the Kona Unit MTB bike yet - if so what do you think?
>
>Also does anyone have any good links on Single Speed MTB's.
>
>cheers
>
>Bob

http://www.flightofthepigs.com/Single_Speed/1-speed_stuff.htm

:-]

"Ski" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone used the Kona Unit MTB bike yet - if so what do you think?
>
> Also does anyone have any good links on Single Speed MTB's.
>
> cheers
>
> Bob

www.sheldonbrown.com is a good resource for single speeding. I was considering the Kona Unit when
buying a single speed, but spent about $400 less on a Redline Monocog. As much as I like Kona, I
just couldn't justify spending $800 for a single speed.

Bill Wheeler wrote:

> On Mon, 19 May 2003 20:53:33 +0100, "Ski" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Has anyone used the Kona Unit MTB bike yet - if so what do you think?
> >
> >Also does anyone have any good links on Single Speed MTB's.
> >
> >cheers
> >
> >Bob
> >

> http://www.flightofthepigs.com/Single_Speed/1-speed_stuff.htm
>
> Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
> mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

We checked out a Unit... Insert all kinds of funny joke about touching and riding the LBS owners
orange unit..... but we found for the price the bike was not spec'ed out very well... We ended up
going with the Bianchi for about the same price but far better spec...
http://www.bianchiusa.com/site/bikes/05_SISS.html

Jimbo...three s's for single speed soon....(sssan)

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Bill Wheeler wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 19 May 2003 20:53:33 +0100, "Ski" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >Has anyone used the Kona Unit MTB bike yet - if so what do you think?
> > >
> > >Also does anyone have any good links on Single Speed MTB's.
> > >
> > >cheers
> > >
> > >Bob
> > >

> > http://www.flightofthepigs.com/Single_Speed/1-speed_stuff.htm
> >
> > Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
> > mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> > :-]
>
> We checked out a Unit... Insert all kinds of funny joke about touching and riding the LBS owners
> orange unit..... but we found for the price the bike was not spec'ed out very well... We ended up
> going with the Bianchi for about the same price but far better spec...
> http://www.bianchiusa.com/site/bikes/05_SISS.html
>

> Jimbo...three s's for single speed soon....(sssan)

That's because kona is infamous for crappy specs and being overpriced. Buying a name is just plain
goofy. If I were to buy a cookie-cutter SS and it fit me, the Bianchi steel is probably the best
deal out there.

JD

On Tue, 20 May 2003 10:36:35 -0400, "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Wheeler wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 19 May 2003 20:53:33 +0100, "Ski" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >Has anyone used the Kona Unit MTB bike yet - if so what do you think?
>> >
>> >Also does anyone have any good links on Single Speed MTB's.
>> >
>> >cheers
>> >
>> >Bob
>> >

>> http://www.flightofthepigs.com/Single_Speed/1-speed_stuff.htm
>>
>> Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
>> mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
>> :-]
>
>We checked out a Unit... Insert all kinds of funny joke about touching and riding the LBS owners
>orange unit..... but we found for the price the bike was not spec'ed out very well... We ended up
>going with the Bianchi for about the same price but far better spec...
>http://www.bianchiusa.com/site/bikes/05_SISS.html
>

>Jimbo...three s's for single speed soon....(sssan)

Nice Jimbo, I bet you'll like the steel frame. I love my D.I.S.S. It's a tad lighter, but I bet the
steel frame will probably be a tad more durable and a bit more forgiving on the body, if you need
that sort of thing.

:-]

Bill Wheeler wrote:

> Nice Jimbo, I bet you'll like the steel frame. I love my D.I.S.S. It's a tad lighter, but I bet
> the steel frame will probably be a tad more durable and a bit more forgiving on the body, if you
> need that sort of thing.
>
> Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
> mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

Durability... definitely Forgiveness.. for sure

Jimbo... The will is strong... the back is weak...(san)