Kona Unit - Where's the best deal ?



?

>

Guest
I've been searching the web for the last week trying to find an Aussie bike
shop online that has a Kona Unit or other brand of SS MTB. I'm totally
surprised how hard it is to find anything within Oz.

Does anyone out here in the ether know of a good bargain in Australia ? I
was thinking a 2006 or older model to save some $$$. Second-hand isn't out
of the question either.

--

Tony
--
[email protected]
Remove the .fish after .com to reply
--= This is a fish anti-spam device =--
 
On Nov 14, 7:59 am, "><\(\(\(\(º>" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've been searching the web for the last week trying to find an Aussie bike
> shop online that has a Kona Unit or other brand of SS MTB. I'm totally
> surprised how hard it is to find anything within Oz.
>
> Does anyone out here in the ether know of a good bargain in Australia ? I
> was thinking a 2006 or older model to save some $$$. Second-hand isn't out
> of the question either.


Here's one on ebay:
<http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kona-Unit-Singlespeed-custom-build-20_W0QQitemZ160051221243QQihZ006QQcategoryZ7297QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>
I was looking on the off chance to see if there were any Kona Smoke
mudguards listed :)
 

SomeGuy

New Member
May 18, 2004
490
0
0
35
I've got a 17" Giant XTC two2one SS I've been meaning to sell for a while (just don't have the time to ride it). It's set up with V brakes and mostly near new parts. Send me an email if you are interested (sg at aanetDOTcomDOTau).
 
D

Darryl C

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"><\(\(\(\(º>" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've been searching the web for the last week trying to find an Aussie bike
> shop online that has a Kona Unit or other brand of SS MTB. I'm totally
> surprised how hard it is to find anything within Oz.
>
> Does anyone out here in the ether know of a good bargain in Australia ? I
> was thinking a 2006 or older model to save some $$$. Second-hand isn't out
> of the question either.
>
> --
>
> Tony


Tony,

Have a word with City Bike Depot if you are in Sydney. They have a large
range of Kona bikes (not the Unit) and are particularly helpful people.
(BTW, I have no financial interest in the shop)
They have, or will get:
* Dew
* Dr Dew
* Dew Deluxe
* PHD
* Smoke
* Shred
* Scrap
* Stuff
* Dawg
* Dawg Deluxe
* Dawg Primo
* Coil Air
* Stinky
* Stinky Deluxe
* Stab Deluxe
* Coiler
* Coiler Deluxe
* Fire Mountain
* Blast
* Cinder Cone
* Caldera
* Kula
* Kikapu Nine
* Kikapu Deluxe
* King Kikapu

<http://www.citybikedepot.com.au/products/mtb/kona/>

305 Kent St, Sydney 2000
Phone: 02 9279 2202
Fax: 02 9729 2208


cheers,
Darryl
 

snozza

New Member
May 24, 2004
35
0
0
> I've been searching the web for the last week trying to find an Aussie bike
> shop online that has a Kona Unit or other brand of SS MTB. I'm totally
> surprised how hard it is to find anything within Oz.
>
> Does anyone out here in the ether know of a good bargain in Australia ? I
> was thinking a 2006 or older model to save some $$$. Second-hand isn't out
> of the question either.
>
> --
>
> Tony[/color]


Brunswick Street Cycles are big Kona dealers.
http://www.bscbikes.com.au
 
D

Dave Hughes

Guest
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:08:43 +0000, Darryl C wrote:

> Have a word with City Bike Depot if you are in Sydney. T


Or you can ignore the Konas [1] and speak to the owner, who was one of the
first to solo a 24 hour on a SS, and has had more SS bikes than most
people have had flats.

[1] Did I just say that? I have 4 in my fleet!

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of
the precipitate - Steven Wright
 
P

Parbs

Guest
Dave Hughes wrote:

> who was one of the first to solo a 24 hour on a SS, and has had more SS bikes than most
> people have had flats.
>

Yes but he did take the soft option on Sunday and took his SRAMed up
"Grip the Snake" (which is also a Kona)

Parbs
 
G

Gags

Guest
"Dave Hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:08:43 +0000, Darryl C wrote:
>
> > Have a word with City Bike Depot if you are in Sydney. T

>
> Or you can ignore the Konas [1] and speak to the owner, who was one of the
> first to solo a 24 hour on a SS, and has had more SS bikes than most
> people have had flats.
>


Dunno Dave......I have had a lot of flats (including 5 in a single lap at
the Scott a few weeks ago)

Gags
 
D

Dave Hughes

Guest
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:33:03 +1100, Gags wrote:

> Dunno Dave......I have had a lot of flats (including 5 in a single lap
> at the Scott a few weeks ago)


I don't know about 5 in a single lap, but he was taking the 27 gears (or
thereabouts - Parbs, can you remember just how many he had?) approach to
SSing when he soloed IIRC. Apparently his shifting consisted of <Andy>
"want that wun" </Andy>

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does
not ask remains a fool forever." -- Old Chinese saying