Koobi Enduro vs. Terry Fly

Alphamoose

May 7, 2003
Has anyone tried both of these and have a preference? I think I'm about to order a Koobi Enduro, to replace a Terry Liberator that was nice on my mountain bike, but just a little too wide for the road bike (also my mountain bike has no seat now...) and I've kind of narrowed it down to these two for now.
Just wondering if anyone has tried both, since I can't see the Enduro in a store, unlike the Fly.

I used a ti railed Terry Fly on my audax bike a few years ago, however, I suffered from numb nuts towards the end of a 300km event. The rear of the saddle was very comfortable though. Afterwards, I swapped this for a Terry Liberator which was extremely comfortable 'out of the box'. I rode a 400km audax with no soreness whatsoever.

This year though my Liberator has not been so comfy at the rear, possibly due due to long term degradation of the foam.

To replace the Liberator I bought a Koobi SI Gel saddle which I used for this years 1200km PBP. I rate this saddle very highly. The Enduro version would be an excellent choice for longer (enduro/red Bull) off-road events.

I have the Enduro on my road bike. My oldseat hurt bad so I bought the Enduro to help the pain. When I first put it on and adjusted it I was cussing at Koobi because the pain was still there. After adjusting it a couple of times, however, the pain finally went away and it has become extremely comfortable to ride. I now apologize to Koobi about everything I said at first, and would reccomend the saddle to anyone...just be sure to set it up properly.

Bob

Originally posted by freedrg
I have the Enduro on my road bike. My oldseat hurt bad so I bought the Enduro to help the pain. When I first put it on and adjusted it I was cussing at Koobi because the pain was still there. After adjusting it a couple of times, however, the pain finally went away and it has become extremely comfortable to ride. I now apologize to Koobi about everything I said at first, and would reccomend the saddle to anyone...just be sure to set it up properly.

Bob

Yes, I tried the Enduro, had a *very* rough time, then tried a Fly, found it a little too narrow, then decided to give the Enduro one last ride before sending it back in disgust...and found to my surprise that I didn't notice it at all. And I haven't had any problem at all with it in the succeeding months.