Koobi PRS Saddle vs. Specialized BG Pro

Mansmind

Aug 3, 2004
I just recently started riding... about 1 month ago. I bought a 2004 Specialized Allez Comp that came with a BG Pro Saddle.

The pros

1. I haven't REALLY noticed a problem with the BG Pro while riding on the rode. Granted my longest ride so far has been 44 miles, but it's quite hilly in my area so that's a 3 hour ride (at least for me). Sore at first, yes...but no real numbness.

The cons

1. On a TRAINER, this seat drives me nuts. I definitely get NUMB after only about 20 minutes of riding. Granted I don't get to relieve the pressure as much as road riding, but it still seems terrible to me.

2. Moving around on this seat doesn't seem to help at all, in fact, it usually feels worse.

3. In the drops, I feel pressure in places I'd rather not feel pressure.

I've tried adjusting as much as possible looking for a more comfortable position. I have about 340 total miles logged so far, and I "think" I've given things enough time to adjust, so....

I just ordered a Koobi PRS that should be here Wednesday. Based on all the reviews I read, at least noone DISLIKED the saddle. I know it's very subjective, but we'll find out. Do any of you have any experience with this saddle? Just looking for opinions!!

I'll let you know what I think when I get it installed, etc.

How do you like your Koobi PRS saddle? I just ordered the PRS Enduro and it should be here any day. My Selle Italia XO gel that came with my Felt F60 killed my butt after after 2 months so I gave up and ordered the Koobi based on several glowing reviews.

http://www.koobi.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3

Mansmind said:
I just recently started riding... about 1 month ago. I bought a 2004 Specialized Allez Comp that came with a BG Pro Saddle.

The pros

1. I haven't REALLY noticed a problem with the BG Pro while riding on the rode. Granted my longest ride so far has been 44 miles, but it's quite hilly in my area so that's a 3 hour ride (at least for me). Sore at first, yes...but no real numbness.

The cons

1. On a TRAINER, this seat drives me nuts. I definitely get NUMB after only about 20 minutes of riding. Granted I don't get to relieve the pressure as much as road riding, but it still seems terrible to me.

2. Moving around on this seat doesn't seem to help at all, in fact, it usually feels worse.

3. In the drops, I feel pressure in places I'd rather not feel pressure.

I've tried adjusting as much as possible looking for a more comfortable position. I have about 340 total miles logged so far, and I "think" I've given things enough time to adjust, so....

I just ordered a Koobi PRS that should be here Wednesday. Based on all the reviews I read, at least noone DISLIKED the saddle. I know it's very subjective, but we'll find out. Do any of you have any experience with this saddle? Just looking for opinions!!

I'll let you know what I think when I get it installed, etc.

jefyou said:
How do you like your Koobi PRS saddle? I just ordered the PRS Enduro and it should be here any day. My Selle Italia XO gel that came with my Felt F60 killed my butt after after 2 months so I gave up and ordered the Koobi based on several glowing reviews.

http://www.koobi.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3
In short, I love it. I still get some trainer problems, but it takes a lot longer. I notice no problems at all on the road...even after being on the saddle constantly for 50 miles or so.

Could it be better? I suppose it could, but the quality of the seat itself is great. Before I try another one, I'm going to put a LOT of thought into exactly what I don't like about the Koobi (which is not much) and find one that addresses those issues best I can. The new Specialized Alias looks interesting, especially since you can get different widths.

Mansmind,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure when you ordered your PRS saddle but I ordered the PRS ENDURO which mates the comfort ENDURO saddle with the PRS system. If you have the original PRS I believe it is less cushioned. Anyway, I will let you know how it is after a couple of months.

:cool:

Mansmind said:
In short, I love it. I still get some trainer problems, but it takes a lot longer. I notice no problems at all on the road...even after being on the saddle constantly for 50 miles or so.

Could it be better? I suppose it could, but the quality of the seat itself is great. Before I try another one, I'm going to put a LOT of thought into exactly what I don't like about the Koobi (which is not much) and find one that addresses those issues best I can. The new Specialized Alias looks interesting, especially since you can get different widths.

jefyou said:
Mansmind,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure when you ordered your PRS saddle but I ordered the PRS ENDURO which mates the comfort ENDURO saddle with the PRS system. If you have the original PRS I believe it is less cushioned. Anyway, I will let you know how it is after a couple of months.

:cool:
One person's input on a saddle isn't worth much, since this is such a personal issue. But I've been happy with Koobi saddles: I have a silver on one bike and the Au chrono on another and they've been great. The only thing I don't care for is the needless stiching they (and other saddle manufacturers) put on the higher end models - the silver is nice because the entire top is smooth, black leather.

Joe