Koobi PRS saddle

Bob M

Guest
I'm looking for a wider saddle to replace my Brooks. While I loved the Brooks, it doesn't allow me
to push it far enough back, which means that I end up sitting on the rivets. That's painful. The
saddle I have now is OK but it's not wide enough. I was thinking of the Koobi PRS saddle, which is
close to the width of a Brooks (narrow, which is what I had). Anyone ridden this saddle? I googled
this, and there are glowing reviews, but all the reviews are from the same person. If not, anyone
have recommendations for a wider saddle?

Thanks.

--
Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply

"Bob M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a wider saddle to replace my Brooks. While I loved the Brooks, it doesn't allow me
> to push it far enough back, which means that I end up sitting on the rivets. That's painful. The
> saddle I have now is
OK
> but it's not wide enough. I was thinking of the Koobi PRS saddle, which
is
> close to the width of a Brooks (narrow, which is what I had). Anyone ridden this saddle? I googled
> this, and there are glowing reviews, but
all
> the reviews are from the same person. If not, anyone have recommendations for a wider saddle?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply

I've got about 7,000 miles on a Koobi PRS which I purchased in February when I moved out to the
country and had to start riding on tar and gravel roads. I absolutely love it. I've only used the
middle-level elastomer. The feeling at first is a little like what you notice when your rear wheels
starts going flat. But on a rough road, that's great. The saddle is actually made in the Selle
Italia factory. It's alot like a Flite in some ways, but it is a bit wider. In fact, my only gripe
is that I've already worn the cover off of the sides near the nose. But it's truly a very
comfortable saddle.

I've been trying to do some longer roller workouts as the daylight has waned. I'm able to tolerate
much longer sessions in the saddle on the PRS.

I switched to it from a Selle Italia Flite Gel and I tried a few other saddles before settling
on the PRS.

The glowing reviews are warranted for the PRS.

Bob C. in SC

"Bob M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for a wider saddle to replace my Brooks. While I loved the Brooks, it doesn't allow me
> to push it far enough back, which means that I end up sitting on the rivets. That's painful. The
> saddle I have now is
OK
> but it's not wide enough. I was thinking of the Koobi PRS saddle, which
is
> close to the width of a Brooks (narrow, which is what I had). Anyone ridden this saddle? I googled
> this, and there are glowing reviews, but
all
> the reviews are from the same person. If not, anyone have recommendations for a wider saddle?

I bought a Koobi PRS just before doing a 5 day mountain bike race last year, after my bum decided it
wasn't happy sitting on my existing saddle for more than about 5 hours. Although I wore through the
skin on my bum, the saddle was good. The race was about 10 hours/day and the last two days had a lot
of corrugations. About two months after the race, when I was cleaning the bike, I noticed that one
of the rails had cracked right through. I wasn't sure when it had happened and I suspected that the
mechanic (me) may have over-tightened the mounting bolt, so I didn't return it, but it is something
to watch out for. I think there was a choice in what rails the saddle came with - these were the
manganese rails.

Andy

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:37:15 +1100, Andy Simpson
<[email protected]> wrote:

[cut]

> I bought a Koobi PRS just before doing a 5 day mountain bike race last year, after my bum decided
> it wasn't happy sitting on my existing saddle for more than about 5 hours. Although I wore through
> the skin on my bum, the saddle was good. The race was about 10 hours/day and the last two days had
> a lot of corrugations. About two months after the race, when I was cleaning the bike, I noticed
> that one of the rails had cracked right through. I wasn't sure when it had happened and I
> suspected that the mechanic (me) may have over-tightened the mounting bolt, so I didn't return it,
> but it is something to watch out for. I think there was a choice in what rails the saddle came
> with - these were the manganese rails.
>
> Andy

Thanks. I was thinking of getting the manganese rails, too, just because I think seat rails is the
wrong location for titanium -- I'd rather have something stronger.

--
Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:18:52 -0500, psycholist <[email protected]> wrote:

[cut]

> I've got about 7,000 miles on a Koobi PRS which I purchased in February when I moved out to the
> country and had to start riding on tar and gravel roads. I absolutely love it. I've only used the
> middle-level elastomer. The feeling at first is a little like what you notice when your rear
> wheels starts going flat. But on a rough road, that's great. The saddle is actually made in the
> Selle Italia factory. It's alot like a Flite in some ways, but it is a bit wider. In fact, my only
> gripe is that I've already worn the cover off of the sides near the nose. But it's truly a very
> comfortable saddle.
>
> I've been trying to do some longer roller workouts as the daylight has waned. I'm able to tolerate
> much longer sessions in the saddle on the PRS.
>
> I switched to it from a Selle Italia Flite Gel and I tried a few other saddles before settling on
> the PRS.
>
> The glowing reviews are warranted for the PRS.
>
> Bob C. in SC

Thanks, I'll probably give this saddle a try in the Spring (I'm not going to get much riding in
'till then).

--
Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply