Koobi Saddles: Rail Failure?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by John Bravard, May 18, 2003.

  1. John Bravard

    John Bravard Guest

    Has anyone experienced rail failure with Koobi saddles?

    I have broken the rail on the Koobi Tri saddle four times in the same place - about 1 cm from the
    rear at the bend in the rail. I am a 160
    lb. (max) road rider and this shouldn't be happening. Please share your experiences.

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Fito

    Fito Guest

    [email protected] (John Bravard) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Has anyone experienced rail failure with Koobi saddles?
    >
    > I have broken the rail on the Koobi Tri saddle four times in the same place - about 1 cm from the
    > rear at the bend in the rail. I am a 160
    > lb. (max) road rider and this shouldn't be happening. Please share your experiences.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Funny you mention that: My Koobi Tri saddle is making a lot of funny noises. Yesterday, I fall in a
    hole and it sounded like I had broken something. A quick check proved me wrong.

    I tight up all the bolts and the saddle is still making noises…

    I once read that people have broken the rail of their saddles… It was supposed to be a problem
    for heavier riders and when moving the saddle to one of the extremes of the rails… Does anyone
    have information about this?

    John Bravard: Have you fallen when you break the rails?

    I am 170 lb top so I don’t understand why I should be worrying about breaking the rail of my
    Koobi Tri saddle…

  3. John Bravard

    John Bravard Guest

    [email protected] (Fito) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (John Bravard) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Has anyone experienced rail failure with Koobi saddles?
    > >
    > > I have broken the rail on the Koobi Tri saddle four times in the same place - about 1 cm from
    > > the rear at the bend in the rail. I am a 160
    > > lb. (max) road rider and this shouldn't be happening. Please share your experiences.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    >
    > Funny you mention that: My Koobi Tri saddle is making a lot of funny noises. Yesterday, I fall in
    > a hole and it sounded like I had broken something. A quick check proved me wrong.
    >
    > I tight up all the bolts and the saddle is still making noises…
    >
    > I once read that people have broken the rail of their saddles… It was supposed to be a
    > problem for heavier riders and when moving the saddle to one of the extremes of the rails…
    > Does anyone have information about this?
    >
    > John Bravard: Have you fallen when you break the rails?
    >
    > I am 170 lb top so I don’t understand why I should be worrying about breaking the rail of my
    > Koobi Tri saddle…

    No, the rail breaks weren't due to crashes. They broke on the upper/rear bend of the saddle about 1
    cm from the back end of the rail. Intuition tells me that the bend in the rail weakened that area.
    I'm a 160 lb. rider and used this saddle on my road bike.