Koobi Saddles: Rail Failure?

J

John Bravard

Has anyone experienced rail failure with Koobi saddles?

I have broken the rail on the Koobi Tri saddle four times in the same place - about 1 cm from the
rear at the bend in the rail. I am a 160
lb. (max) road rider and this shouldn't be happening. Please share your experiences.

Thanks.

[email protected] (John Bravard) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Has anyone experienced rail failure with Koobi saddles?
>
> I have broken the rail on the Koobi Tri saddle four times in the same place - about 1 cm from the
> rear at the bend in the rail. I am a 160
> lb. (max) road rider and this shouldn't be happening. Please share your experiences.
>
> Thanks.

Funny you mention that: My Koobi Tri saddle is making a lot of funny noises. Yesterday, I fall in a
hole and it sounded like I had broken something. A quick check proved me wrong.

I tight up all the bolts and the saddle is still making noises…

I once read that people have broken the rail of their saddles… It was supposed to be a problem
for heavier riders and when moving the saddle to one of the extremes of the rails… Does anyone
have information about this?

John Bravard: Have you fallen when you break the rails?

I am 170 lb top so I don’t understand why I should be worrying about breaking the rail of my
Koobi Tri saddle…

[email protected] (Fito) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (John Bravard) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Has anyone experienced rail failure with Koobi saddles?
> >
> > I have broken the rail on the Koobi Tri saddle four times in the same place - about 1 cm from
> > the rear at the bend in the rail. I am a 160
> > lb. (max) road rider and this shouldn't be happening. Please share your experiences.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Funny you mention that: My Koobi Tri saddle is making a lot of funny noises. Yesterday, I fall in
> a hole and it sounded like I had broken something. A quick check proved me wrong.
>
> I tight up all the bolts and the saddle is still making noises…
>
> I once read that people have broken the rail of their saddles… It was supposed to be a
> problem for heavier riders and when moving the saddle to one of the extremes of the rails…
> Does anyone have information about this?
>
> John Bravard: Have you fallen when you break the rails?
>
> I am 170 lb top so I don’t understand why I should be worrying about breaking the rail of my
> Koobi Tri saddle…

No, the rail breaks weren't due to crashes. They broke on the upper/rear bend of the saddle about 1
cm from the back end of the rail. Intuition tells me that the bend in the rail weakened that area.
I'm a 160 lb. rider and used this saddle on my road bike.