Kool Stop pads?

ritcho

New Member
May 24, 2004
It's time to replace brake pads for the road bike. Some people seem to think Kool Stop salmon coloured pads are the dogs, so I wonder where they can be bought? Sydney preferably, but online otherwise...

Ritch

ritcho wrote:

> It's time to replace brake pads for the road bike. Some people
> seem to think Kool Stop salmon coloured pads are the dogs, so
> I wonder where they can be bought? Sydney preferably, but
> online otherwise...

I bought mine from Harris Cyclery in the US. Freight/postage
from the US is ridiculously expensive, but I haven't seen KS
salmons offered online in Australia or Europe. So I bought 6
sets, as I've got about that number of family bikes to
maintain. The link:

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakeshoes.html

John

I got 6 pairs but from aebike.com. Got a few other small bits and pieces as well to spread the postage cost.
I find the salmon work only a little bit better in the wet, but they seem to squeal more than the other colours.

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:22:34 +1000, ritcho wrote:

> It's time to replace brake pads for the road bike. Some people seem to
> think Kool Stop salmon coloured pads are the dogs, so I wonder where
> they can be bought? Sydney preferably, but online otherwise...
>
> Ritch

I bought 4 pairs for $48 inc shipping from ebay. The seller was icycles.

And if by "dogs" you mean they are good, then yes, they are the best, esp.
in wet weather.

M Bison wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:22:34 +1000, ritcho wrote:
>

>>It's time to replace brake pads for the road bike. Some people seem to
>>think Kool Stop salmon coloured pads are the dogs, so I wonder where
>>they can be bought? Sydney preferably, but online otherwise...
>>
>>Ritch

> I bought 4 pairs for $48 inc shipping from ebay. The seller was icycles.
>
> And if by "dogs" you mean they are good, then yes, they are the best, esp.
> in wet weather.

Someone asked this a while ago and Clarence St had them then, might be
worth a ring