Kool Stop road brake pads refills in Bris?

Hi,

A few years ago i was able to buy a set of refills brake pads for my
Ultegra brakes from Riders Cyclery in Mt Gravatt. Every other brake
pads i've tried since were too abrasive on my mavic cosmic pro rims,
kool stop was the only one that worked properly and worked well.

Now when i try to locate Kool Stop brake pads again none of the bike
shops that i've tried in Brisbane stocks them, some were even surprised
to hear Kool Stop actually made road brake pads.

Does anyone know where they might be available here in Bris? Preferably
the salmon compound. Thanks.

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few years ago i was able to buy a set of refills brake pads for my
> Ultegra brakes from Riders Cyclery in Mt Gravatt. Every other brake
> pads i've tried since were too abrasive on my mavic cosmic pro rims,
> kool stop was the only one that worked properly and worked well.
>
> Now when i try to locate Kool Stop brake pads again none of the bike
> shops that i've tried in Brisbane stocks them, some were even surprised
> to hear Kool Stop actually made road brake pads.
>
> Does anyone know where they might be available here in Bris? Preferably
> the salmon compound. Thanks.

I bought mine from OS..
but i think you can get them from bike pro in surrey hills (melbourne)
they will post them up to brissie..
www.bikepro.com.au

On 2006-07-25, dej (aka Bruce)
> [email protected] wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A few years ago i was able to buy a set of refills brake pads for my
>> Ultegra brakes from Riders Cyclery in Mt Gravatt. Every other brake
>> pads i've tried since were too abrasive on my mavic cosmic pro rims,
>> kool stop was the only one that worked properly and worked well.
>>
>> Now when i try to locate Kool Stop brake pads again none of the bike
>> shops that i've tried in Brisbane stocks them, some were even surprised
>> to hear Kool Stop actually made road brake pads.
>>
>> Does anyone know where they might be available here in Bris? Preferably
>> the salmon compound. Thanks.

> I bought mine from OS..
> but i think you can get them from bike pro in surrey hills (melbourne)

Indeed, although I may have used their last 2 packs this morning :)

He had to open a new shipment for me, so perhaps the rest of the box
is full of half salmon half blacks too.

--
TimC
An optimist thinks we are living in the best of all possible worlds. A