kool stop V-brake pads

Clive George

Guest
Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual compound,
all-salmon.

And where do you get the cartridges from?

cheers,
clive

Clive George wrote:

> Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
> compound, all-salmon.

Well I wouldn't ask for them in a bakery ... but many decent bike shops
will have them, or something very similar.

In some parts it may be easier to order online ..
http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=salmon+koolstop+cartridge&ie=UTF-8&oe
=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1

--
Paul - ***

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'

Clive George wrote:
> Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
> compound, all-salmon.
>
> And where do you get the cartridges from?

I've always got the pads from Wiggle. As far as I know, koolstops pads
fit any standard v-brake cartridge.

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk

Clive George wrote:
> Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
> compound, all-salmon.
>
> And where do you get the cartridges from?

If you can find them in the UK, (the pads), they are way overpriced. I
ordered mine from ebay USA and got a load in so I don't have to order
again in a while. They are as good as people make out ;-)

"Brian G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Clive George wrote:
>> Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
>> compound, all-salmon.
>>
>> And where do you get the cartridges from?

> I've always got the pads from Wiggle. As far as I know, koolstops pads
> fit any standard v-brake cartridge.

Wiggle don't sell them - I'd checked them :)

cheers,
clive

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Clive George wrote:
>
>> Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
>> compound, all-salmon.

> Well I wouldn't ask for them in a bakery ... but many decent bike shops
> will have them, or something very similar.

You might be surprised - I've not seen koolstop in any bike shop I've been
in recently, including what many would count as decent ones.

> In some parts it may be easier to order online ..
> http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=salmon+koolstop+cartridge&ie=UTF-8&oe
> =utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1

Wiggle don't sell them - you're looking at caliper brakes, not Vs. LBS
closed a couple of years ago, so it needs to be some form of mail order.

(I did have a look at what I consider the usual suspects, and a bit of a
general google before asking...)

cheers,
clive

Pete Biggs wrote:
> If ordering from outside the EU, import duty + VAT + £8 Royal Mail handling
> charge will be payable for any total order over £18 including shipping.

Let's do the maths; say I have $30 or £18 (under the customs duty
threshold), ordering (the dual compound pads) from US [1] gets me 6
pairs of pads (+ $8 shipping) or 2 pairs from dotbike (free shipping).
It still looks attractive to get them from the US.

[1]:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-sets-of-Koo...ryZ27949QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
or
http://tinyurl.com/6fh52r

Clive George wrote:
> "Brian G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Clive George wrote:
>>> Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
>>> compound, all-salmon.
>>>
>>> And where do you get the cartridges from?

>> I've always got the pads from Wiggle. As far as I know, koolstops
>> pads fit any standard v-brake cartridge.

> Wiggle don't sell them - I'd checked them :)

"Discontinued - no longer available". Bum. I've just checked in the
shed and I've only got one pair left :-(

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk

Brian G wrote:
> Clive George wrote:
>> "Brian G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I've always got the pads from Wiggle. As far as I know, koolstops
>>> pads fit any standard v-brake cartridge.

>> Wiggle don't sell them - I'd checked them :)

> "Discontinued - no longer available". Bum. I've just checked in the
> shed and I've only got one pair left :-(

Wiggle state that for the items that *they* no longer sell. It doesn't
necessarily mean the product is no longer being made.

~PB

Clive George wrote:

> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Clive George wrote:
> >
> > > Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
> > > compound, all-salmon.

> > Well I wouldn't ask for them in a bakery ... but many decent bike
> > shops will have them, or something very similar.

> You might be surprised - I've not seen koolstop in any bike shop I've
> been in recently, including what many would count as decent ones.
>
> > In some parts it may be easier to order online ..
> > http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=salmon+koolstop+cartridge&ie=UTF-
> > 8&oe =utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1

> Wiggle don't sell them - you're looking at caliper brakes, not Vs.
> LBS closed a couple of years ago, so it needs to be some form of mail
> order.
>
> (I did have a look at what I consider the usual suspects, and a bit
> of a general google before asking...)

Hmmm, sorry about that, I just copied the link without actually
checking, my bad.

LBS (Doncaster, Ultimate Sports) did have them a few weeks ago, I'll
drop by later and enquire if they've still got some.

--
Paul - ***

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Clive George wrote:
>
>> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > Well I wouldn't ask for them in a bakery ... but many decent bike
>> > shops will have them, or something very similar.

>> You might be surprised - I've not seen koolstop in any bike shop I've
>> been in recently, including what many would count as decent ones.
>>
>> > In some parts it may be easier to order online ..
>> > http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=salmon+koolstop+cartridge&ie=UTF-
>> > 8&oe =utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1

>> Wiggle don't sell them - you're looking at caliper brakes, not Vs.
>> LBS closed a couple of years ago, so it needs to be some form of mail
>> order.
>>
>> (I did have a look at what I consider the usual suspects, and a bit
>> of a general google before asking...)

> Hmmm, sorry about that, I just copied the link without actually
> checking, my bad.
>
> LBS (Doncaster, Ultimate Sports) did have them a few weeks ago, I'll
> drop by later and enquire if they've still got some.

S'ok, the dotbike link from Pete looks pretty useful, as well as the ebay
idea from "Peter Pan". Shall be adding them to my list of usual suspects.

cheers,
clive

"Pete Biggs" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

| >> Wiggle don't sell them - I'd checked them :)
| >
| > "Discontinued - no longer available". Bum. I've just checked in the
| > shed and I've only got one pair left :-(
|
| Wiggle state that for the items that *they* no longer sell. It doesn't
| necessarily mean the product is no longer being made.

Just for the record, cos I nearly died of fright thinking that I couldn't
get salmons no more, Koolstop definitely still make them...

http://www.koolstop.com/brakes/index.php#Anchor-that-39073

Cheers,

pOB

Clive George wrote:

> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Clive George wrote:
> >
> >>"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> dual >>> > compound, all-salmon.

> > > You might be surprised - I've not seen koolstop in any bike shop
> > > I've been in recently, including what many would count as decent
> > > ones.

> http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=salmon+koolstop+cartridge&ie=UTF-
> > >
> > > Wiggle don't sell them - you're looking at caliper brakes, not Vs.
> > > LBS closed a couple of years ago, so it needs to be some form of
> > > mail order.
> > >
> > > (I did have a look at what I consider the usual suspects, and a
> > > bit of a general google before asking...)

> > Hmmm, sorry about that, I just copied the link without actually
> > checking, my bad.
> >
> > LBS (Doncaster, Ultimate Sports) did have them a few weeks ago, I'll
> > drop by later and enquire if they've still got some.

> S'ok, the dotbike link from Pete looks pretty useful, as well as the
> ebay idea from "Peter Pan". Shall be adding them to my list of usual
> suspects.

Good. Only got a chance to pop into the LBS today ... they do normally
stock them but don't have any at present, they haven't had any for " a
few months, dunno how long", and added that they aren't expecting to
re-stock them in the near future as they can't get them in sufficient
quantities!

Seems like everyone wants them but no-one can get them.