Koxx 1 ISIS or KH/Onza hub?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by edsbelly, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. edsbelly

    edsbelly Guest

    i recently snapped my crappy bike shop hub, so i need a new one.

    i don't really like the q-factor although i could get used to it.

    I am juggling between the K1 ISIS 8 spline and the KH/Onza 36 spline.
    Any advice out there? I don't think i will break either.. at least not
    for a while.

    thanks,
    Ed

    --
    edsbelly

    :D keep it wheel:D
    :cool: :) edboy :):cool:
    edsbelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11164

  2. apflstrudl

    apflstrudl Guest

    I've got the Koxx isis 10 splined hub and i like it. I did some 2 meter
    drops and it didn't bend(me is 60kg heavy). The Koxx cranks have no
    q-factor which the KH/Onza ones have. But if you look from the side on
    them the Koxx cranks aren't flat on the top, which makes leg around
    seat difficult. It hink it's easier with the KH/Onza ones. But i didn't
    ride a KH or Onza yet, so i can't really tell you what' better.

    There are people who like the Koxx best and there are som who like the
    KH/onza best.(There are also some who like the Prolfile and qu-ax...)

    --
    apflstrudl

    Wer Rechtsschreibfehler findet darf sie behalten! Wer 5 findet bekommt
    einen gratis dazu und wer mehr als 10 findet darf sich 3 weitere
    aussuchen! :D
    'Trial Terror Team' (http://www.behaim.de/chz)(funzt zur zeit leider
    ned ka warum)
    apflstrudl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10865

  3. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

    edsbelly wrote:
    > i recently snapped my crappy bike shop hub, so i need a new one.
    >
    > i don't really like the q-factor although i could get used to it.
    >
    > I am juggling between the K1 ISIS 8 spline and the KH/Onza 36 spline.
    > Any advice out there? I don't think i will break either.. at least not
    > for a while.
    >
    > thanks,
    > Ed

    they will both stand up fine for u ed!

    the only difference with them, is the kh cranks are more tubular, and
    the koxx cranks are more oval shaped, the kh have some q-factor, and
    yet the koxx cranks dont!

    and the koxx cranks dont creak at all (i dont think) and the kh cranks
    and hub do creak a bit but can be fixed with maintenance, but the
    creaking doesnt have nething to do with the strength

    --
    trials2k

    One Wheel, One Foot, Why Not !!??;) **
    trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

  4. irvinegr

    irvinegr Guest

  5. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    KH/onza has a q factor and koxx doesn't...Kh is lighter...both really
    strong.

    Chris Heritage wrote:
    > i lik KOXX

    hehe

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    _____________________________

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  6. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

    Chris Heritage wrote:
    > i lik KOXX

    ahaha nice pick up spencer, maybe hes trying to tell us something
    ::eek:

    not that theres nething wrong with that ahahaa

    --
    trials2k

    One Wheel, One Foot, Why Not !!??;) **
    trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

  7. irvinegr

    irvinegr Guest

  8. giraffe

    giraffe Guest

    irvinegr wrote:
    > i have q factor on my NEW kh/onza hub... and isnt that a good thing??

    q factor makes you wobble when you ride fast e.g. for a rolling hop and
    i suppose also when riding skinnys....but... it keeps your ankles well
    clear on the crank bolt so no more bloody ankles ;)

    --
    giraffe

    GizmoDuck wrote:

    > I yanked on my foot and straigtened it and stuck the bone back into
    > the skin.

    :rolleyes:
    giraffe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9372

  9. irvinegr

    irvinegr Guest

  10. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    irvinegr wrote:
    > kris holms uses the kh/onza hub.. therefor q-factor and he is crazy at
    > riding skinnys so it cant be too bad i guess...

    Well something like q factor doesn't make really good riders worse. It
    is more of a preference thing I think, I don't mind it for riding but
    when I grind rails it is easier for the rail to get wedged between the
    crank and tire. I like it though because I used to ride 03KH trials
    cranks and I always had bloody ankles.

    --

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  11. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

    i believe the part with the q-factor all comes down to preference, and
    even if u r worried about the q-factor making u wobble or wat not... u
    shouldnt, becoz even tho there is a slight angle, u will eventually and
    if not pretty quickly get used to the q-factor and just use it to its
    advantages!

    --

  12. trials2k wrote:
    > ahaha nice pick up spencer, maybe hes trying to tell us something ::eek:
    >

    > not that theres nething wrong with that ahahaa

    Oh dear... WHAT a 'MITSAKE'!!!! oops!:eek:

    --
    Chris Heritage

    1 wheel is enough!!!
    Chris Heritage's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11723

  13. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

  14. max_pfeifer

    max_pfeifer Guest

    like everyone else here has said, it personal preference. kh cranks are
    good for some things and koxx cranks are good for other things.

    Its up to you. the only thing is that shipping to australia is gonna be
    a whole lot cheaper for the kh hub/cranks.

    Cheers,

    Max

    --
    max_pfeifer

    what do you give to the man who has everything? ...Nothing!
    max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

  15. edsbelly

    edsbelly Guest

    Chris Heritage wrote:
    > Oh dear... WHAT a 'MITSAKE'!!!! oops!:eek:

    haha, yer chris!

    you wish you could ride koxx dont you? :p

    when i get my koxx you could ride it.. ride my koxx that is..

    budum ch.

    oh god i'm funny

    Ed