Kraft to sponsor USPS in 2005

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jim, Feb 22, 2004.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    MADISON, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 22, 2004--Today Kraft Foods announced its intention of taking
    over the primary sponsorship role of the USPS Professional Cycling Team for the 2005 cycling season.
    Kraft and its Jello Brand Gelatin see a synergy between cycling's health benefits and Jello's
    traditional high-protein, high-energy, low-fat nutritional value.

    Additionally, the brand's new spokeman will be Lance Armstrong, whose recent TT win at the Volta ao
    Algarve brought brand new meaning to the Jello Brand Gelatin jingle "Watch it Wiggle, See it
    Shimmer". Company spokesperson Sarah Delea added "Seeing Lance's love handles in action really
    sealed the deal. There's nothing like flab shaking beneath spandex that grabs a viewer's attention.
    The cycling team can extend Jello Brand Gelatin brand awareness to the european markets while riding
    the wave Lance's success to new levels in the domestic market."

    The new team is tentatively to be called the "Watch it Wiggle Cycling Team presented by Jello Brand
    Gelatin". The Cycling Team's colors will continue to reflect blueberry blue and raspberry reds with
    additional highlight colors matching the Jello Brand Gelatin flavors. Jello Brand Gelatin former
    icon Mr. Wiggle will be brought back and be a prominent logo on the new team jersey.

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Nice! Reminds me of an old Jewish Princess joke, but I won't go there now.
    :)

    "jim" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > MADISON, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 22, 2004--Today Kraft Foods announced its intention of taking
    > over the primary sponsorship role of the USPS Professional Cycling Team for the 2005 cycling
    > season. Kraft and its Jello Brand Gelatin see a synergy between cycling's health benefits and
    > Jello's traditional high-protein, high-energy, low-fat nutritional value.
    >
    > Additionally, the brand's new spokeman will be Lance Armstrong, whose recent TT win at the Volta
    > ao Algarve brought brand new meaning to the Jello Brand Gelatin jingle "Watch it Wiggle, See it
    > Shimmer". Company spokesperson Sarah Delea added "Seeing Lance's love handles in action really
    > sealed the deal. There's nothing like flab shaking beneath spandex that grabs a viewer's
    > attention. The cycling team can extend Jello Brand Gelatin brand awareness to the european markets
    > while riding the wave Lance's success to new levels in the domestic market."
    >
    > The new team is tentatively to be called the "Watch it Wiggle Cycling Team presented by Jello
    > Brand Gelatin". The Cycling Team's colors will continue to reflect blueberry blue and
    > raspberry reds with additional highlight colors matching the Jello Brand Gelatin flavors.
    > Jello Brand Gelatin former icon Mr. Wiggle will be brought back and be a prominent logo on the
    > new team jersey.

  3. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

  4. Alan Hoyle

    Alan Hoyle Guest

    On 22 Feb 2004 10:13:56 -0800, jim wrote:
    > MADISON, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 22, 2004--Today Kraft Foods announced its intention of taking
    > over the primary sponsorship role of the USPS Professional Cycling Team for the 2005 cycling
    > season. Kraft and its Jello Brand Gelatin see a synergy between cycling's health benefits and
    > Jello's traditional high-protein, high-energy, low-fat nutritional value.

    Isn't Kraft also owned by Philip Morris?

    --
    Alan Hoyle - [email protected] - http://www.alanhoyle.com/ "I don't want the world, I just want your
    half." -TMBG Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.

  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Alan Hoyle <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 22 Feb 2004 10:13:56 -0800, jim wrote:
    > > MADISON, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 22, 2004--Today Kraft Foods announced its intention of
    > > taking over the primary sponsorship role of the USPS Professional Cycling Team for the 2005
    > > cycling season. Kraft and its Jello Brand Gelatin see a synergy between cycling's health
    > > benefits and Jello's traditional high-protein, high-energy, low-fat nutritional value.
    >
    > Isn't Kraft also owned by Philip Morris?

    Ironic, Lance had lung and brain cancer (tumors) and now he'll be riding for a team sponsored by
    Philip Morris...

  6. Russ Baxter

    Russ Baxter Guest

    Alan Hoyle <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 22 Feb 2004 10:13:56 -0800, jim wrote:
    > > MADISON, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 22, 2004--Today Kraft Foods announced its intention of
    > > taking over the primary sponsorship role of the USPS Professional Cycling Team for the 2005
    > > cycling season. Kraft and its Jello Brand Gelatin see a synergy between cycling's health
    > > benefits and Jello's traditional high-protein, high-energy, low-fat nutritional value.
    >
    > Isn't Kraft also owned by Philip Morris?

    Actually, both Kraft and Philip Morris USA are owned by Altria.

  7. So Armstrong will have a cheesey exit to his career...

    T.

    news:[email protected]...