Kraftwerk cycling clip

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, May 9, 2003.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Tags:

  2. Flembo

    Flembo Guest

    > Here is a 2m 30 s clip of a rare interview from 3 DEC 95 which mentions Kraftwerk's passion for
    > cycling, until Ralf Hutter's crash which
    apparently
    > permanently damaged him.
    >
    > http://home.unitynet.co.uk/swldxer/kraftwerk.htm
    >
    > --

    Great stuff Simon, but... 1.3MB... Ouch!

    If anyone's interested, I've edited out some of the dialogue-free parts, converted it to dialup
    quality realplayer format (1'50" and 286kB) and uploaded it to a far flung corner of my
    website... http://www.geocities.com/poemsandpints/misc/ralf/ralfalps.htm (but I'll be taking it
    off again soon!)

    I'll justify this shameless and cynical attempt to get traffic by pointing out there is a poem
    called 'Cycling' by up on the site already ...
    http://www.geocities.com/poemsandpints/poems/alefre.htm (scroll down)

    Anybody got any clues on the Kraftwerk shirt sizing yet?

    cheers -andy

  3. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "flembo" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Great stuff Simon, but... 1.3MB... Ouch!

    Yup ... took me all of 5 seconds to download it ... this 2mb cable line just for me is
    just so OTT :)

  4. Albert Fish

    Albert Fish Guest

    "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "flembo" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > Great stuff Simon, but... 1.3MB... Ouch!
    >
    > Yup ... took me all of 5 seconds to download it ... this 2mb cable line just for me is just
    > so OTT :)

    hmmm, interesting... you're one of the 2Mb trialists..

    I'm gutted that NTL can't get their act together and sort out a 2Mbit connection and I'll have to
    keep languishing on slow old, fusty old 1Mbit :)

    Albert

    *cue student/mad professor with a 10Mbit or a 100Mbit pipe...

  5. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "flembo" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Here is a 2m 30 s clip of a rare interview from 3 DEC 95 which mentions Kraftwerk's passion for
    > > cycling, until Ralf Hutter's crash which
    > apparently
    > > permanently damaged him.
    > >
    > > http://home.unitynet.co.uk/swldxer/kraftwerk.htm
    > >
    > > --
    >
    > Great stuff Simon, but... 1.3MB... Ouch!
    >
    > If anyone's interested, I've edited out some of the dialogue-free parts, converted it to dialup
    > quality realplayer format (1'50" and 286kB) and uploaded it to a far flung corner of my
    > website... http://www.geocities.com/poemsandpints/misc/ralf/ralfalps.htm (but I'll be taking it
    > off again soon!)
    >
    > I'll justify this shameless and cynical attempt to get traffic by pointing out there is a poem
    > called 'Cycling' by up on the site already ...
    > http://www.geocities.com/poemsandpints/poems/alefre.htm (scroll down)

    Sorry, I should have put the download size there. I didn't want to reduce it too much as it was FM
    radio quality to start with. Simon

  6. A certain Simon Mason, of uk.rec.cycling "fame", writes :
    >Here is a 2m 30 s clip of a rare interview from 3 DEC 95 which mentions Kraftwerk's passion for
    >cycling, until Ralf Hutter's crash which apparently permanently damaged him.
    >
    >http://home.unitynet.co.uk/swldxer/kraftwerk.htm

    This is from that irritating radio programme by Stuart Maconie. I have the whole thing on tape
    somewhere.

    --

    "We will export death and violence to the four corners of the earth in defense of this great
    nation." - George W. Bush (Jnr)