Kraftwerk cycling tops

Colin Blackburn

Guest
I decided to take a gamble and get two of those tops from the klingklang website.

First of all the service was excellent, I had the tops within three days of ordering.

I got two, the Tour De France and the Autobahn, I decided to order large in both cases (they offer
S, M and L.)

The TdF is a classic short-sleeved top with no rear pockets. The sleeves are puckered and it is
close fitting though it is not tight on me---I'm 6'2" and reasonably well-built but certainly not
muscular. It would certainly fit someone more muscular than me. The TdF print is on the front while
the back is plain (just the Tricolore colours.)

The Autobahn shirt is very different. It is much larger and baggier, more like a darts shirt (!)
than a cycling shirt. It is still the same size just baggier all round. The sleeves are not puckered
and it doesn't seem designed to be close fitting---maybe it is a style of cycling shirt I have not
come across? It has the Autobahn print on the front and a car on the back.

The material and quality seem okay, certainly as good as any of my other cycling tops but maybe not
the best. I wore the TdF shirt at the weekend while cycling to and from the British Orienteering
Champs near Sheffield and it faired okay.

Colin

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I decided to take a gamble and get two of those tops from the klingklang website.

He's a model and he's looking good...

> Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > I decided to take a gamble and get two of those tops from the klingklang website.
>
> He's a model and he's looking good...

I wish. I was most worried about being mistaken for a French cyclist. You never know what some of
these hardened Euroskeptic car drivers might do!

Colin

> I decided to take a gamble and get two of those tops from the klingklang website.
>
> First of all the service was excellent, I had the tops within three days of ordering.
>
> I got two, the Tour De France and the Autobahn, I decided to order large in both cases (they offer
> S, M and L.)
>
> The TdF is a classic short-sleeved top with no rear pockets. The sleeves are puckered and it is
> close fitting though it is not tight on me---I'm 6'2" and reasonably well-built but certainly not
> muscular. It would certainly fit someone more muscular than me. The TdF print is on the front
> while the back is plain (just the Tricolore colours.)
>
> The Autobahn shirt is very different. It is much larger and baggier, more like a darts shirt (!)
> than a cycling shirt. It is still the same size just baggier all round. The sleeves are not
> puckered and it doesn't seem designed to be close fitting---maybe it is a style of cycling shirt I
> have not come across? It has the Autobahn print on the front and a car on the back.
>
> The material and quality seem okay, certainly as good as any of my other cycling tops but maybe
> not the best. I wore the TdF shirt at the weekend while cycling to and from the British
> Orienteering Champs near Sheffield and it faired okay.
>
> Colin

Any chance of some jpgs? I love Kraftwerk and need a new shirt. Short sleeves look good for summer
but worried about this puckering and bagginess. Thanks.

In article <[email protected]>, "Stephen \(aka steford\)"
<[email protected]> says...

> Any chance of some jpgs? I love Kraftwerk and need a new shirt. Short sleeves look good for summer
> but worried about this puckering and bagginess.

The puckering is just the normal elasticated hem that I have on all my other short sleeved shirts.
The Autobahn shirt doesn't have elasticated hems at all, neither sleeves nor hips. It is a more
relaxed fit. I'll try to sort some pics out this weekend but Guy will really accuse me of being The
Model then.

Colin

> In article <[email protected]>, "Stephen \(aka steford\)"
> <[email protected]> says...
>
> > Any chance of some jpgs? I love Kraftwerk and need a new shirt. Short sleeves look good for
> > summer but worried about this puckering and
bagginess.

> The puckering is just the normal elasticated hem that I have on all my other short sleeved shirts.
> The Autobahn shirt doesn't have elasticated hems at all, neither sleeves nor hips. It is a more
> relaxed fit. I'll try to sort some pics out this weekend but Guy will really accuse me of being
> The Model then.

Autobahn sounds more like my style actually - not too keen on elastic. I like the colour too. I
think I'll go for that though with the bagginess do you recommend M or L? I'm 183cm, medium build I
would say. Usually buy L stuff but this sounds oversized. I currently ride in a Berghaus climbing
top which isn't elasticated but I wouldn't say it's a darts shirt. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

In article <[email protected]>, "Stephen \(aka steford\)"
<[email protected]> says...

> Autobahn sounds more like my style actually - not too keen on elastic. I like the colour too. I
> think I'll go for that though with the bagginess do you recommend M or L? I'm 183cm, medium
> build I would say. Usually buy L stuff but this sounds oversized. I currently ride in a Berghaus
> climbing top which isn't elasticated but I wouldn't say it's a darts shirt. Any help
> appreciated. Thanks.

I think darts shirt was probably a bit of an exaggeration, referring more to the fit than the size.
I'll measure it tonight and let you know the chest size tomorrow.

Colin

> In article <[email protected]>, "Stephen \(aka steford\)"
> <[email protected]> says...
>
> > Autobahn sounds more like my style actually - not too keen on elastic. I like the colour too. I
> > think I'll go for that though with the bagginess
do
> > you recommend M or L? I'm 183cm, medium build I would say. Usually buy L stuff but this sounds
> > oversized. I currently ride in a Berghaus climbing
top
> > which isn't elasticated but I wouldn't say it's a darts shirt. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
>
> I think darts shirt was probably a bit of an exaggeration, referring more to the fit than the
> size. I'll measure it tonight and let you know the chest size tomorrow.

Thanks.

In article <MPG.19354e15ce455c89989a23@localhost>, [email protected] says...

> I think darts shirt was probably a bit of an exaggeration, referring more to the fit than the
> size. I'll measure it tonight and let you know the chest size tomorrow.

A bit late but for those interested, here are the measurements (all inches.) The chest is just under
the armpits of the garment. The length is the side seam shoulder to waist hem. The waist is the
bottom of the garment. The sleeve is the circumference of the hem.

Tour de France: Chest 42 Waist 32 Length 28 Sleeve 11

Autobahn: Chest 44 Waist 44 Length 27 Sleeve 16

Both are in a stretchy fabric, the chest of the TdF shirt stretches to 52 inches to give you an idea
of the stretchiness. The TdF shirt has a classic cycling shirt shape to it, the back is slightly
longer than the front. The arm and waist bands are elasticated. The TdF shirt is made in Italy, the
other one is just made in the EC.

I hope that helps, unfortunately no pictures!

Cheers,

Colin