Krapfen?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Pandora, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. Pandora wrote:

    > Yesterday , I have made krapfen. I think you call them doughnuts, but I Am
    > not sure.
    > With the same dough you can do also ring-shaped cakes.
    > We use to make them during the Carnival feasts, togheter with Frappe and
    > Castagnole..
    > Here are my krapfen:
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqaj5x.jpg

    Hmmm...with all that puss oozin' out that confection looks like it has
    gonorrhea...is that what you call "puttanesca" - style...???

    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakia.jpg
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakn4.jpg
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqako8.jpg

    These others look okay...

    --
    Best
    Greg

  2. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "MoM" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Yesterday , I have made krapfen. I think you call them doughnuts, but I
    >> Am not sure.
    >> With the same dough you can do also ring-shaped cakes.
    >> We use to make them during the Carnival feasts, togheter with Frappe and
    >> Castagnole..
    >> Here are my krapfen:
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqaj5x.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakia.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakn4.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqako8.jpg
    >> if you want I will post you my recipe (a little long)
    >>
    >> Have a good breakfast
    >> Pandora
    >>

    > Yum! Good thing you're too far away or my diet would be down the toilet!

    ROTFL.

    > Recipe please?

    Done!
    Cheers
    Pandora

    > MoM

  3. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "jake" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Pandora wrote:
    >
    >> Yesterday , I have made krapfen. I think you call them doughnuts, but I
    >> Am not sure.
    >> With the same dough you can do also ring-shaped cakes.
    >> We use to make them during the Carnival feasts, togheter with Frappe and
    >> Castagnole..
    >> Here are my krapfen:
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqaj5x.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakia.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakn4.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqako8.jpg
    >> if you want I will post you my recipe (a little long)
    >>
    >> Have a good breakfast
    >> Pandora

    > The sauce I seem to see, is ti vanilla? And is it inside the dough? Does
    > it go in there before of after frying?

    After frying. I have posted recipe , now!

    > They look delicious and remind me of Berliner/Pfannkuchen. Well, the
    > probably are the same thing.

    Probably :)
    Cheers
    Pandora

  4. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Jani" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Yesterday , I have made krapfen. I think you call them doughnuts, but I
    >> Am not sure.
    >> With the same dough you can do also ring-shaped cakes.

    > The ones with custard inside look like what we call Bavarian doughnuts
    > (from the local bakery). Ring doughnuts, fresh-cooked and dredged in sugar
    > and cinnamon, you can sometimes get from a "van" or from fairground
    > stalls, depending on area. Both types are sheer indulgence :)
    >
    > Jani

    I think they are the same thing. I didn't know krapfen were international :)

    Cheers
    Pandora

  5. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Gregory Morrow" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > Pandora wrote:
    >
    >> Yesterday , I have made krapfen. I think you call them doughnuts, but I
    >> Am
    >> not sure.
    >> With the same dough you can do also ring-shaped cakes.
    >> We use to make them during the Carnival feasts, togheter with Frappe and
    >> Castagnole..
    >> Here are my krapfen:
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqaj5x.jpg

    > Hmmm...with all that puss oozin' out that confection looks like it has
    > gonorrhea...is that what you call "puttanesca" - style...???
    >

    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakia.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakn4.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqako8.jpg

    > These others look okay...

    When you speack of "gonorrehea" , it seams that you know well of what you
    are talking about. Yes , a very disgusting desease:I Am sorry for you.

    Pandora

  6. Pandora wrote:

    > "Gregory Morrow" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Pandora wrote:
    > >
    > >> Yesterday , I have made krapfen. I think you call them doughnuts, but I
    > >> Am
    > >> not sure.
    > >> With the same dough you can do also ring-shaped cakes.
    > >> We use to make them during the Carnival feasts, togheter with Frappe and
    > >> Castagnole..
    > >> Here are my krapfen:
    > >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqaj5x.jpg

    > > Hmmm...with all that puss oozin' out that confection looks like it has
    > > gonorrhea...is that what you call "puttanesca" - style...???
    > >

    > >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakia.jpg
    > >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakn4.jpg
    > >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqako8.jpg

    > > These others look okay...

    > When you speack of "gonorrehea" , it seams that you know well of what you
    > are talking about. Yes , a very disgusting desease:I Am sorry for you.

    Naw, I remember seeing pix of it in medical textbooks...

    --
    Best
    Greg

  7. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Gregory Morrow" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > Pandora wrote:
    >
    >> "Gregory Morrow" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> news:[email protected]

    >> > Hmmm...with all that puss oozin' out that confection looks like it has
    >> > gonorrhea...is that what you call "puttanesca" - style...???

    >> > These others look okay...

    >> When you speack of "gonorrehea" , it seams that you know well of what you
    >> are talking about. Yes , a very disgusting desease:I Am sorry for you.

    > Naw, I remember seeing pix of it in medical textbooks...

    NOOOOOO!!! You have seen those pic in the mirror of your bathroom .
    cheeeeeeeers
    Pandora

  8. Gregory Morrow wrote:
    > Pandora wrote:

    >>> Hmmm...with all that puss oozin' out that confection looks like
    >>> it has gonorrhea...is that what you call "puttanesca" -
    >>> style...???

    >>> These others look okay...

    >> When you speack of "gonorrehea" , it seams that you know well of
    >> what you are talking about. Yes , a very disgusting desease:I Am
    >> sorry for you.

    > Naw, I remember seeing pix of it in medical textbooks...

    Game, set, match...

    Pandora.

    Pastorio

  9. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Gregory Morrow wrote:
    >> Pandora wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Gregory Morrow" <[email protected]>

    >>> When you speack of "gonorrehea" , it seams that you know well of
    >>> what you are talking about. Yes , a very disgusting desease:I Am
    >>> sorry for you.

    >> Naw, I remember seeing pix of it in medical textbooks...

    > Game, set, match...
    >
    > Pandora.
    >
    > Pastorio

    Till now I Am the winner :D :D
    Hello Bob, pleased to hear of you again :)
    Pandora

  10. Pandora wrote:

    > Till now I Am the winner :D :D
    > Hello Bob, pleased to hear of you again :)
    > Pandora

    I'm here...

    Pastorio

  11. jake

    jake Guest

    Pandora wrote:

    > "jake" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Pandora wrote:
    >>

    >>>Yesterday , I have made krapfen. I think you call them doughnuts, but I
    >>>Am not sure.
    >>>With the same dough you can do also ring-shaped cakes.
    >>>We use to make them during the Carnival feasts, togheter with Frappe and
    >>>Castagnole..
    >>>Here are my krapfen:
    >>>http://i2.tinypic.com/oqaj5x.jpg
    >>>http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakia.jpg
    >>>http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakn4.jpg
    >>>http://i2.tinypic.com/oqako8.jpg
    >>>if you want I will post you my recipe (a little long)
    >>>
    >>>Have a good breakfast
    >>>Pandora

    >>The sauce I seem to see, is ti vanilla? And is it inside the dough? Does
    >>it go in there before of after frying?

    > After frying. I have posted recipe , now!

    Thank you. I'll look the erciep up. Those things taste good.

    >>They look delicious and remind me of Berliner/Pfannkuchen. Well, the
    >>probably are the same thing.

    > Probably :)
    > Cheers
    > Pandora

  12. Syssi

    Syssi Guest

    "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Yesterday , I have made krapfen. I think you call them doughnuts, but I Am
    > not sure.
    > With the same dough you can do also ring-shaped cakes.
    > We use to make them during the Carnival feasts, togheter with Frappe and
    > Castagnole..
    > Here are my krapfen:
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqaj5x.jpg
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakia.jpg
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakn4.jpg
    > http://i2.tinypic.com/oqako8.jpg
    > if you want I will post you my recipe (a little long)
    >
    > Have a good breakfast
    > Pandora ============

    WOW - those look wonderfully delicious!
    --
    Syssi

  13. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Bob (this one)" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Pandora wrote:
    >
    >> Till now I Am the winner :D :D
    >> Hello Bob, pleased to hear of you again :)
    >> Pandora

    > I'm here...

    :)
    Cheers

    > Pastorio

  14. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "jake" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Pandora wrote:
    >
    >> "jake" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>>The sauce I seem to see, is ti vanilla? And is it inside the dough? Does
    >>>it go in there before of after frying?

    >> After frying. I have posted recipe , now!
    >>

    > Thank you. I'll look the erciep up. Those things taste good.

    ....Very good :)
    Cheers
    Pandora

  15. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Syssi" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]

    > "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Yesterday , I have made krapfen. I think you call them doughnuts, but I
    >> Am not sure.
    >> With the same dough you can do also ring-shaped cakes.
    >> We use to make them during the Carnival feasts, togheter with Frappe and
    >> Castagnole..
    >> Here are my krapfen:
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqaj5x.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakia.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqakn4.jpg
    >> http://i2.tinypic.com/oqako8.jpg
    >> if you want I will post you my recipe (a little long)
    >>
    >> Have a good breakfast
    >> Pandora ============

    > WOW - those look wonderfully delicious!

    Thank you Sissy!