Kreitler Roller Options

kevin crocombe

Guest
I'm considering the purchase of a set of Kreitler Rollers, but don't
know whether to go for the 4.5 inch "Alloy" or 3 inch "Dyno-Lyte".

I need them to provide a good workout at Lactate Threshold - but still
feel reasonably realistic. e.g. no deadspots etc. I'm tending towards
the Alloys but am concerned thay might not offer enough resistance
without the additions of Windfans etc.

I'm buying from the UK, so won't have the opportunity to try.

Any advice out there?

Cheers

"kevin crocombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm considering the purchase of a set of Kreitler Rollers, but don't
> know whether to go for the 4.5 inch "Alloy" or 3 inch "Dyno-Lyte".
>
> I need them to provide a good workout at Lactate Threshold - but still
> feel reasonably realistic. e.g. no deadspots etc. I'm tending towards
> the Alloys but am concerned thay might not offer enough resistance
> without the additions of Windfans etc.
>
> I'm buying from the UK, so won't have the opportunity to try.
>
> Any advice out there?
>
> Cheers

Alloys w/Killer Headwind would be my advice.

I'd go with the Dyno-Myte. The small diameter will give you the resistance
you're looking for without any add-ons. I tried the Dyno-Lyte, but the
plastic inserts wore out on both rear rollers. The company stood behind the
product and replaced them with the all metal rollers. I ride the rollers for
about an hour a day and get as good a workout as I want to push.