Kreitler Rollers wobble

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Giganews

I have a set of Kreitler Alloy rollers, brand new, that have a slight wobble. I have ridden a
freind's challenger rollers that have the same wobble.

It is only a small wobble but enough that I would like to get rid of it if possible. Any ideas?

These should not wobble the least bit. Check that all nuts are tight. Not to sound silly but be sure
front roller is in same hole in each rail. Contact Kreitler for warranty service if need be.
Kreitler changed hands two/three years back after Al passed, but quality should still be the same.
Good luck.

My kreitler rollers have wobbled very slightly since the day they were new. Four years and several
hundred hours of use later, the wobble seems about the same. I'd take care about tightening those
nuts too much. I seem to recall stern warnings in my literature that came with the rollers that
over-tightening the nuts would damage the bearings and void the warranty.

If I'm not mistaken, the bearings in each roller are cartridge bearings -- virtually identical to
what's in many wheels these days. You'll notice that there's a small amount of play in those wheels
even when they're clamped in good.

I believe that little bit of play is just one of the things you get with cartridge bearings. It's
no big deal.

Bob C. "GigaNews" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a set of Kreitler Alloy rollers, brand new, that have a slight wobble. I have ridden a
> freind's challenger rollers that have the same wobble.
>
> It is only a small wobble but enough that I would like to get rid of it if possible. Any ideas?

My Kreitlers have no discernable wobble whatsoever. The same cannot be said for the rider. ;-)

Actually I have noticed that any sensation of "wobbly" rollers is specific to certain bicycles I
own- ones with slightly out of round wheels or out of round tires do have a noticeable vibration at
about 25 mph or above.

A random user wrote

> I have a set of Kreitler Alloy rollers, brand new, that have a slight wobble. I have ridden a
>
> It is only a small wobble but enough that I would like to get rid of it if possible. Any ideas?

By "wobble", do you mean play in the roller bearing(s), or that the rollers as a unit are unstable
on the floor?

If roller bearings, these can be adjusted with 14mm cone wrenches to remove excess play.

If unit is unstable while you're on the bike, the floor's uneven or one of the rails is bent.

See if you still get the wobble with different tires. Thats where my wobble came from.

Ken

"GigaNews" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>

Status
Not open for further replies.