Kris Holm 20-inch Trials VS. Onza 20-inch Trials?

if yoy can't decide just buy the cheapest one. they are
both good.

the only differet parts are the frame and cranks, i recon
that the kh has the better frame and the onza has the
better cranks.

--
evilewan - death or glory

--
evilewan.

see the rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @
http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
evilewan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1047

I get dribs and drabs of what new info is out there, but
there is a new KH hub coming out and it will be easier on
the ankles. Someone can probably give you more info on the
date. So, maybe you might want to wait until the new one
comes out.

--
The Munieer - Mountaineer + Uni = MUnieer

Rod Wylie

The Munieer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/736

The unofficial word from Kris is that they will be out
late summer. They will have a new frame. The old cranks
are notorious for hitting your ankles and the new ones
will be smooth.

Some pics of the uni Kris was riding 2 or 3 weeks ago when
he was in Santa Barbara. He said it is a prototype for the
new frame. I forget what material it is. He said the new
crown is rounder so it won't hit your shins, but also has
those knobs for doing tricks.

http://www.swt.org/uni/krisholm/P4280029.JPG
http://www.swt.org/uni/krisholm/P4280028.JPG
http://www.swt.org/uni/krisholm/P4280027.JPG Those are the
best of the frame. Here is the rest of the gallery.
http://www.swt.org/uni/krisholm/index.html

It will come with the new KH seat also i should think. It
will have a new handle and a removable cover. And some other
nice things.

--
Rayden
Rayden's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/264

Well, from what I heard from Kris, it will not be out until
after summer. He told me that he should get his new
prototype in 3-4 weeks(this was about a month ago) and if he
approved it 4 weeks from then, then it would be available
late August/September. This would mean that if he got the
prototype in 3 weeks, he would have to approve it within one
week. I don't know much about testing prototypes, but I
assume it would take longer than one week to approve it.

john

--
johnglazer - We own you

[email protected]

www.sixsixone.com
johnglazer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3714

Hey, KcTheAcy, good question!

Now I hear that the new Onza being sold at Unicycle dot com
has an improved double keyway(used to have a single).

It is also apparently lighter than the KH.

It has cranks with a "Q" factor, angling them out from the
spindle a little bit so they don't hit your ankles

What they don't have is very many comments from people who
actually own them, so Onza owners, where are your comments?

--
elmer - uniimpaired

"At 40 life begins...to show."
elmer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5193

Rayden wrote:
> *The unofficial word from Kris is that they will be out
> late summer. They will have a new frame. The old cranks
> are notorious for hitting your ankles and the new ones
> will be smooth.
>
> Some pics of the uni Kris was riding 2 or 3 weeks ago when
> he was in Santa Barbara. He said it is a prototype for the
> new frame. I forget what material it is. He said the new
> crown is rounder so it won't hit your shins, but also has
> those knobs for doing tricks.
>
> http://www.swt.org/uni/krisholm/P4280029.JPG
> http://www.swt.org/uni/krisholm/P4280028.JPG
> http://www.swt.org/uni/krisholm/P4280027.JPG Those are the
> best of the frame. Here is the rest of the gallery.
> http://www.swt.org/uni/krisholm/index.html
>
> It will come with the new KH seat also i should think. It
> will have a new handle and a removable cover. And some
> other nice things. *

i saw that frame at TOque, it looked pretty awesome!

--
aust - Austin Hamer

UNICYCLER
*Snowboarder*
PAINTBALLER
*Canadian*

aust's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4767

johnglazer wrote:
> *Well, from what I heard from Kris, it will not be out
> until after summer. He told me that he should get his new
> prototype in 3-4 weeks(this was about a month ago) and if
> he approved it 4 weeks from then, then it would be
> available late August/September. This would mean that if
> he got the prototype in 3 weeks, he would have to approve
> it within one week. I don't know much about testing
> prototypes, but I assume it would take longer than one
> week to approve it.
>
> john *

That's about what I heard at Moab. He also said the
hub/crankset would be drastically redesigned. It'll be
merely slightly heavier than the suzue, and still be splined
(36spline), and have cranks with q-factor. It'll be the best
trials uni ever (in my humble opinion).

As for the Onza (I have the old one), there are a few
drastic flaws in
it. The first is that the crown is massive, so it hits your
knees on failed seat out hops or when you lose grip. It
*really* hurts. The KH has a better, lower-profile
crown. The onza dustcaps can get jammed into the crank,
making it untighten/loosenable, which is awful. Mine is
nearly untightenable. That's about it. The problems I've
heard with the current KH cranks is that the nubs can
interfere with pedalgrabs, and hurt your ankles. Also,
the KH is heavier. Other than that, the KH is better (in
my opinion). Buy which ever is cheaper (or currently in
stick), though, as they're both about equal, and they
both rock.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown out?