rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Kris Holm 29" from UDC - Height Question

Started by unibob · · Last activity · 3 posts · 279 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
22 March 2008
Last activity
22 March 2008
Original author
unibob
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
279
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've debated for a long time now whether to get a 24" or a 29" to
    complement my Nimbus 20" ISIS Trials.

    I want a machine that I can go cross country, a little downhill and a
    bit of singletrack maybe.

    I've just ordered a KH Muni 29er from UDC with Snafu Pedals and a WTB
    Stout tyre for £300 because I'm 6`3" I thought a 29er would be more
    suitable.

    What do fellow unicyclists think about this decision? Do you prefer a
    29 er over a 24 if you're a taller person?

    --
    unibob

    UniBob
    http://www.unibob.net
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unibob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16491
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68614

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. for your requirements a 29 is far superiour, I started out with a KH 24"
    for muni, it rules for really technical DH and north shore stuff. Then
    i got a cheapo nimbus 29 XC uni. It transformed much of my riding,
    which was slow and easy on the 24, in to much faster and more
    challenging. Other guys in my group believe that the 29 is also better
    for technical stuff, having rode the same sections several times on
    both unis. Certainly once a decent 29er tyre comes out I think 29 will
    be the size of choice for all muni.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

    - what a thoroughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kington99's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9417
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68614

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Height doesn't matter, but what you said you were buying it for, you
    made a good decision.

    --
    _Ground_Zero_
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    _Ground_Zero_'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15520
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/68614

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.