Kris Holm to Miyata seat conversion

Discussion in '' started by miyata, Dec 7, 2004.

  1. miyata

    miyata Guest

    I now have on my unicycle a kris holm seat woth the standard seat post.
    However i would like to put back on my miyata seat. But the seatpost
    for the miyata is too thin for my frame. So i was wonderign how i
    could go about doing this. thanks

    miyata - pwned
    miyata's Profile:
    View this thread:

  2. TonyMelton

    TonyMelton Guest

    You have several options:

    1) use a shim with your Miyata seatpost.

    2) Cut the base plate off your current seatpost and weld a Miyata
    base-plate on instead. A local engineering shop will be able to do this
    for you inexpensively. Instead of sacrificing your current seatpost you
    could get a BMX 'candlewick' 22.2mm seatpost and use that instead -
    these are cheap to buy at bike shops. 'They look like this'

    3) Buy a GB universal seatpost which, if your frame's internal diameter
    is 22.2 or 25.4mm, will fit both Miyata and KH saddles.


    TonyMelton - Skinny butt

    Read the latest online issue of
    ''One Track Mind'' (, NZ's
    TonyMelton's Profile:
    View this thread:
  3. I just got a GB universal seatpost about 2 weeks ago and I'm pretty
    happy with it because the bracket is tilted backwards somewhat, putting
    the saddle at a better angle (better for me anyway).

    dogfeathersvt - Former Newbie
    dogfeathersvt's Profile:
    View this thread: