Kris Holm Unicycles Status report

Danger_uni

Guest
Hi All,

As some of you are aware, there were some delays in offshore
production of the KH hub, which resulted in Unicycle.com and
Bedford Unicycle's orders being delayed for a couple of
months. This has been very frustrating to say the least!

The hubs finally arrived last week in Taiwan, and the
unicycles are being assembled for shipment within the next
week. That still means a late May arrival date but I
thought that those of you with KH unis on order might
appreciate the update.

Kris Holm

--
danger_uni - Kris Holm
danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21

thinuniking wrote:
> *Do you have any idea when the clothing range is coming
> out? I like the look of the shorts Ben *

Jerseys are being made as we speak. Shorts are in the
prototype stage. I had to switch designers due to
reliability issues, but I've now found a really good
designer to work with.

Kris

--

tennisgh22 wrote:
> *what are the chances of flying some of the kh24s over?
> this would get the unis to the customers a month earlier
> than going by ship, right?
>
> -grant *

It would cost a LOT do do this (thousands of dollars),
actually more than the cost of the unis.

Also, a very important issue with efficient
manufacturing/shipping is to not make any difficult changes
or requests right at the end- inevitably this results in
additional confusion and delays. It's true that airfreight
would be faster, but not if the unicycles to be airfreighted
sat for 3 weeks until they managed to deal with the request.
So that leaves waiting a bit more as the best solution. I
wish it was faster, but that's the way it is!

Kris

--

DrBallard wrote:
> *Yeah! Some nice 24 hours shifts to complete a quick order
> for Taiwan neo-slaves! *
DrBallard, what exactly were you wearing when you typed
that? Were you intending to make a suggestion as to where
Kris should have his clothing manufactured so that it will
be affordable enough to sell in numbers enough to justify
the production? We understand the world has labor issues. Do
you understand the ridiculously small numbers involved in
production for unicycles and unicyclists? You're barking up
the wrong industry.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
whole van!

clothing range? there's going to be one? where can i find
some pictures?

--
TheBadger587 - Level 4

Well i Guess not the retarded ones... but how could you even say
something like that? jeez cleveland, there's edgy and then theres
offensive. Good day sir!
TheBadger587's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5576