Krispy Paging Dr. Atkins

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Tags:

  2. On 02/21/2004 11:06 AM, in article
    [email protected], "B. Lafferty"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Looks a little like the Jan of years gone by. Cheryl must like love handles.
    > http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78y.html
    >
    > http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78v.html

    Still good enough to win today's time trial, though ...

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  3. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BC5CF198.24571%[email protected]...
    > On 02/21/2004 11:06 AM, in article [email protected], "B.
    > Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Looks a little like the Jan of years gone by. Cheryl must like love handles.
    > > http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78y.html
    > >
    > > http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78v.html
    >

    > Still good enough to win today's time trial, though ...

    A major display of dominance over generally third tier field. I'll bet that if Krispy gives Jan a
    call, Jan will be happy to share his dieting tips. ;-)

  4. Trg

    Trg Guest

  5. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    > > Looks a little like the Jan of years gone by. Cheryl must like love handles.
    > > http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78y.html
    > >
    > > http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78v.html
    >
    > Lance and I are in February. What month are you living in?

    Krispy's never had handles in February. I'd love to see a pre-Algarve photo of him standing with his
    shirt tucked in. Some non-sycophant cycling reporter could ask him for his weight now as compared to
    last year. But I doubt you'd get an answer any more truthful than the rubbing brake or dehydration
    explanations. It's going to be a very interesting season.

    BTW, isn't it interesting how his "new" time trial position looks just like Jan's?

  6. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    While this isn't a great photo, it is one of the only one I've seen of Krispy from the side on the
    new machine. It look to me like his bars are lower a la Ullrich. Can't tell if the extensions have
    been narrowed, but I think they may have been.

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2004/feb04/algarve/stage4/cycling-portugal-
    armstro-60

  7. On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:38:37 +0100, I wrote:
    > Otherwise it's still very different.

    Uh.. I meant much the same of course.