Krispy Paging Dr. Atkins

On 02/21/2004 11:06 AM, in article
[email protected], "B. Lafferty"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Looks a little like the Jan of years gone by. Cheryl must like love handles.
> http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78y.html
>
> http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78v.html

Still good enough to win today's time trial, though ...

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BC5CF198.24571%[email protected]...
> On 02/21/2004 11:06 AM, in article [email protected], "B.
> Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Looks a little like the Jan of years gone by. Cheryl must like love handles.
> > http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78y.html
> >
> > http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78v.html
>

> Still good enough to win today's time trial, though ...

A major display of dominance over generally third tier field. I'll bet that if Krispy gives Jan a
call, Jan will be happy to share his dieting tips. ;-)

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > Looks a little like the Jan of years gone by. Cheryl must like love handles.
> > http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78y.html
> >
> > http://de.sports.yahoo.com/040221/12/3w78v.html
>
> Lance and I are in February. What month are you living in?

Krispy's never had handles in February. I'd love to see a pre-Algarve photo of him standing with his
shirt tucked in. Some non-sycophant cycling reporter could ask him for his weight now as compared to
last year. But I doubt you'd get an answer any more truthful than the rubbing brake or dehydration
explanations. It's going to be a very interesting season.

BTW, isn't it interesting how his "new" time trial position looks just like Jan's?

While this isn't a great photo, it is one of the only one I've seen of Krispy from the side on the
new machine. It look to me like his bars are lower a la Ullrich. Can't tell if the extensions have
been narrowed, but I think they may have been.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=photos/2004/feb04/algarve/stage4/cycling-portugal-
armstro-60

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:38:37 +0100, I wrote:
> Otherwise it's still very different.

Uh.. I meant much the same of course.