Kryptonite replacement locks for Australia

SteveA

Jul 15, 2004
I had just about given up on getting a replacement Kryptonite lock but the following email arrived last Thursday.....

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your patience for the last few months, as we've worked to produce the replacement locks being offered through our voluntary lock exchange program. While this is tubular cylinder situation is not just Kryptonite's problem, Kryptonite has been the only lock manufacturer to undertake such a global effort to satisfy consumers security concerns by replacing locks with these cylinders.

We regret that we have not been able to get your replacement lock to you more quickly. However, we will not sacrifice quality and security for the sake of speed. We believe our loyal customers deserve his/her replacement lock to be of the quality standard he/she has come to expect from Kryptonite and nothing less.

The good news is that our Australian/New Zealand distributor will be receiving the replacement locks very soon. They will organize drop off points in all major cities, to coordinate your lock replacement in a manner that will be most convenient to you.

Together with our distributor we will contact you with information about all drop-off locations VERY SHORTLY.

You will be asked to bring your old Kryptonite lock and keys to this location. You will be given your new replacement lock and keys on the spot, free of charge.

Please note: If your lock has any carrying bracket parts attached to it, please remove those from your lock, so that you will be able to use the carrying bracket system with your new lock.

If you are swapping a New York Chain and EV Disc Lock, it is not necessary to return your chain. You will be given a new EV Disc Lock to use with your chain.

For those of you not based close to the cities with drop-off locations, you will be contacted directly with alternate instructions about how you will receive your replacement lock.

May we take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank you again for your support.

Sincerely,

Team Kryptonite

hippy said:
SteveA wrote:
> I had just about given up on getting a replacement Kryptonite lock but
> the following email arrived last Thursday.....

I just got some Krypto gear.. hope it works :)
http://thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=306

hippy
Well, it would seem you have the new-style lock, rather than the older, comprimised one. I guess that is a good start =))

Yeah, I got the email as well, but then i get all sorts of spam, not sure im ready to believe it yet.

till