Kryptonite warning: new keys

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Pete Biggs, Mar 23, 2006.

  1. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    New Kryptonite D-locks come with four keys. Nice, but one is more flimsy
    than the rest. Guess which one bends and snaps on the day you're not very
    careful with it? Weight weenies, you have been warned!

    I went home to get a spare tonight after busting mine, all the while
    worrying that the lock may be jammed as well and wondering how the hell I
    could release my bike. Which was daft since I already had a spare on my
    keyring! It's all very well having the foresight to predict a problem but
    you need to remember your solution too. I'd be dangerous if I had a
    brain!

    (Fortunately the lock was fine. Didn't unlock I suppose because key bent.
    Broken bit of key fell out of lock).

    ~PB

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    I spurted:

    > New Kryptonite D-locks come with four keys. Nice, but one is more
    > flimsy than the rest. Guess which one bends and snaps on the day
    > you're not very careful with it? Weight weenies, you have been
    > warned!

    *CORRECTION* :

    The locks come with /three/ keys -- which are all fine (hopefully). I now
    realise it was the key to another lock that I broke in the Kryptonite!!
    :-I

    ~PB

  3. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Pete Biggs wrote:

    > *CORRECTION* :

    Oh dear, Pete. Bad day! :)

    --
    Dave...

  4. Nobody Here

    Nobody Here Guest

    dkahn400 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Pete Biggs wrote:
    >
    >> *CORRECTION* :

    > Oh dear, Pete. Bad day! :)

    Naaa, he'd just come out of the pub after a long sesh ;-)

    --
    Nobby Anderson