Kryptonite warning: new keys

Pete Biggs

Guest
New Kryptonite D-locks come with four keys. Nice, but one is more flimsy
than the rest. Guess which one bends and snaps on the day you're not very
careful with it? Weight weenies, you have been warned!

I went home to get a spare tonight after busting mine, all the while
worrying that the lock may be jammed as well and wondering how the hell I
could release my bike. Which was daft since I already had a spare on my
keyring! It's all very well having the foresight to predict a problem but
you need to remember your solution too. I'd be dangerous if I had a
brain!

(Fortunately the lock was fine. Didn't unlock I suppose because key bent.
Broken bit of key fell out of lock).

~PB

I spurted:

> New Kryptonite D-locks come with four keys. Nice, but one is more
> flimsy than the rest. Guess which one bends and snaps on the day
> you're not very careful with it? Weight weenies, you have been
> warned!

*CORRECTION* :

The locks come with /three/ keys -- which are all fine (hopefully). I now
realise it was the key to another lock that I broke in the Kryptonite!!
:-I

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:

> *CORRECTION* :

Oh dear, Pete. Bad day! :)

--
Dave...

dkahn400 <[email protected]> wrote:
> Pete Biggs wrote:
>
>> *CORRECTION* :

> Oh dear, Pete. Bad day! :)

Naaa, he'd just come out of the pub after a long sesh ;-)

--
Nobby Anderson