Ksyrium Elites magnet

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kaboom, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Kaboom

Kaboom New Member

any ideas of how to get a magnet on the Ksyrium Elites without spending loads of bucks on the proprietary mavic one?

Tags:

2. insmanblue

insmanblue New Member

Go down to the local Radio Shack and buy Rare Earth magnets. These small powerful magnets are about an 1/8 in. around and will fit perfectly on your spoke. You will need to use superglue. Best of all it's about $2.00 for a pair of magnets and they work.

3. capwater

capwater New Member

I was able to get the standard one on my Ksyriums by wedging it in and tightening up the screw real good. Perfect, no, but it works. Actually, any small magnet will work.

This site has wheel magnets for Ksyriums for $8:
    http://www.cbike.com/mavic.htm

You have a set of great $500 wheels and you're trying to save a couple bucks on a magnet?

4. Kaboom

Kaboom New Member

Yarh, i have a wonderful set of 500$ wheels (actually 600$ here in switzerland), what i dont have is ANY more money! i blasted it all in this wheelset. Can't say i regret it though

5. J-V

J-V New Member

Both of my stock magnets worked on the Mavic Ksyrium Elites. The standard magnet with the Polar 720i, and the standard magnet from the Cilclomaster 434m. One of them had to be mounted towards the rim where the bladed spoke decreases in siz, but it works fine.

6. pudster

pudster New Member

One thing that I do on areo spokes and it works well with the mavic ksyrium elites is to take a drill and drill the magnet thru the slot near the end of the slot. The bit neads to be about the size of the spokes width. Next you just slide the magnet on and when you get to the driled part turn the magnet and put on he ring then the bolt. Works great. The hole needs to be as close to the end of the slot as possible.