Ksyrium SL or Campy Eurus

Road_Goat

Apr 18, 2006
Hi Guys,

I learnt this weekend that the Scott PRO1 does not come in a campy option for 2006 so I am going to build myself a campy ride :cool:

I am looking at a Bianchi 928 frame with a Campy Centaur grupo.

But I am stuck on what wheels to get, I have searched the net and found a few reviews on both, the general consensus is that both wheel sets are great. They both cost the same as well...

Has anybody here ridden/tried both?

Which would you take? :confused:

I've a pair of Eurus wheels & a mate I train with has a pair of Ksyrium ESs which although being slightly lighter than the SSLs seem to give a similar ride. We have tried swapping wheels (purely in the interests of trying to prove who has the best wheels). To be honest there isn't that much difference theyre both very responsive incredably stiff wheels (It might be my imagination but to me the Eurus with the deeper section rims feel less forgiving over the bumps) and they both seem strong enough to cope with the pot holes of the Peak District Roads (UK) (I know I will live to regret that last bit). All things considered there doesn't seem much to separate them quality wise (sorry not much help). Which will go best with your colour scheme?

Thanks for the reply Rich B,

My Frame will be black, my grupo is the 'gunmetal' version; so I recon the Black Campys' would look quite sweet:cool: If, in the end, it comes down to looks Eurus will win hands down ;)

I currently ride the SLs and I love them. I also have ridden the Eurus on a friends back. And honestly, I like the Eurus better.

I have 2004 Ksyrium SLs and 2005 Campy Eurus. I think the Ksyriums are better because they have a more frictionless hub, and I think they're lighter. But both these wheels make your bike look cool.