Kudos to Bicyclist in Madison

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Michael, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.

    Blake

    Tags:

  2. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    Yeah, it was 0F here this morning and I saw some guy riding in. Those are REAL Iron Men..

    Cheers,

    Scott.
    --
    Scott Anderson

  3. "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.

    You're a stinking wussy.... I ride 6 miles everyday in every weather (currently 2 degrees F).

  4. Michael wrote:
    > 8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.

    It's not that difficult in cold weather. The only thing I have to do is take off my glasses so the
    breath from my scarf-bound head doesn't fog 'em up.

    I admire anyone who bikes on Fish Hatch, regardless of weather. Or I think they are insane.

    Scott

  5. Barry Gaudet

    Barry Gaudet Guest

    > "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    :> 8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.

    : S. Anderson <[email protected]> wrote: Yeah, it was 0F here this morning and I saw
    : some guy riding in.

    I'm commuting to work tonight. -19C [-2F] according to the weather channel - with a windchill of
    -24C [-11F]. It's definitely a three layer night: two layers of socks/sweats plus a nylon
    windbreaker shell, ski mask, mitts.

    Just have to think warm thoughts.

    --
    'People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time All day long I think of things
    but nothing seems to satisfy' 'Make a joke and I will sigh And you will laugh and I will

  6. Max

    Max Guest

    "Garrison Hilliard" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.
    >
    > You're a stinking wussy.... I ride 6 miles everyday in every weather (currently 2 degrees F).

    23 miles ... (6 degrees F and dropping). :p :p :p

    where's *my* parade?!

    .max

    --
    the part of <[email protected]> was played by maxwell monningh 8-p

  7. Barry Gaudet <[email protected]> spake thusly on or about Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:21:45 UTC

    -> I'm commuting to work tonight. -19C [-2F] according to the weather -> channel - with a windchill
    of -24C [-11F]

    remember you make your own windchill and dress for that. Me I was complaining that -9 is too warm I
    like it better around -19 and colder as my gear is better suited to that and I alway overdress for
    the warmer weather.
    --
    I hurt before the ride so fibro gives me a head start on the rest of the pack. silver lining?
    [email protected]

  8. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.

    We had our 301st consecutive Saturday morning ride today here in Boston, 0 F at the start, 10
    riders, 20 miles.

  9. In article <[email protected]>, "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > 8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.

    Wow -- and I was complaining about 12ºF weather the other day. I'm still biking 15-20 miles a week
    in this weather! Glad to know I'm not alone!!!