Kudos to Bicyclist in Madison

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Michael, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael Guest

8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.

Blake

Tags:

2. S. Anderson

S. Anderson Guest

Yeah, it was 0F here this morning and I saw some guy riding in. Those are REAL Iron Men..

Cheers,

Scott.
    --
    Scott Anderson

"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery.
    I
    > admire the dedication.
    >
    > Blake

3. "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.

You're a stinking wussy.... I ride 6 miles everyday in every weather (currently 2 degrees F).

4. Michael wrote:
    > 8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.
    >

It's not that difficult in cold weather. The only thing I have to do is take off my glasses so the
    breath from my scarf-bound head doesn't fog 'em up.

I admire anyone who bikes on Fish Hatch, regardless of weather. Or I think they are insane.

Scott

5. Barry Gaudet

Barry Gaudet Guest

> "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    :> 8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.

: S. Anderson <[email protected]> wrote: Yeah, it was 0F here this morning and I saw
    : some guy riding in.

I'm commuting to work tonight. -19C [-2F] according to the weather channel - with a windchill of
    -24C [-11F]. It's definitely a three layer night: two layers of socks/sweats plus a nylon
    windbreaker shell, ski mask, mitts.

Just have to think warm thoughts.

--
    'People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time All day long I think of things
    but nothing seems to satisfy' 'Make a joke and I will sigh And you will laugh and I will
    cry' -Black Sabbath

6. Max

Max Guest

"Garrison Hilliard" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.
    >
    > You're a stinking wussy.... I ride 6 miles everyday in every weather (currently 2 degrees F).

23 miles ... (6 degrees F and dropping). :p :p :p

where's *my* parade?!

.max

--
    the part of <[email protected]> was played by maxwell monningh 8-p

7. Barry Gaudet <[email protected]> spake thusly on or about Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:21:45 UTC

-> I'm commuting to work tonight. -19C [-2F] according to the weather -> channel - with a windchill
    of -24C [-11F]

remember you make your own windchill and dress for that. Me I was complaining that -9 is too warm I
    like it better around -19 and colder as my gear is better suited to that and I alway overdress for
    the warmer weather.
    --
    I hurt before the ride so fibro gives me a head start on the rest of the pack. silver lining?
    [email protected]

8. Peter Cole

Peter Cole Guest

"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > 8 degrees Fahrenheit today and I see a commuter biking on Fish Hatchery. I admire the dedication.

We had our 301st consecutive Saturday morning ride today here in Boston, 0 F at the start, 10
    riders, 20 miles.

9. In article <[email protected]>, "Michael" <[email protected]> wrote:

Wow -- and I was complaining about 12ºF weather the other day. I'm still biking 15-20 miles a week
    in this weather! Glad to know I'm not alone!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.