Kudos to Robbie !

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Got to hand it to him : Robbie McEwan is having a superb TDF.

Did anyone see that finish in Montpelier today (stage 13) ?
Chavanel and Horner were up the road and got in to the usual cat and mouse game : Lotto and McEwan chased hard and fast and Robbie and Rodriguez finished first and second.

McEwan is a spirited guy - a bit prickly at times - but a super sprinter and a great competitor.

It was quite the awesome finish I agree. Horner and the other rider(can't spell his name :) ) Were looking good and then starting playing around seeing who was going to go and Bam! Robbie comes flying down the road. He is powerful!

limerickman said:
Got to hand it to him : Robbie McEwan is having a superb TDF.

Did anyone see that finish in Montpelier today (stage 13) ?
Chavanel and Horner were up the road and got in to the usual cat and mouse game : Lotto and McEwan chased hard and fast and Robbie and Rodriguez finished first and second.

McEwan is a spirited guy - a bit prickly at times - but a super sprinter and a great competitor.

No question. I was a bit worried about him after the first two stages, but I shouldn't have been. Robbie has beaten both Petacchi and Boonen on multiple ocassions. He's in top form.

Fast Freddie has done some nice lead outs this Tour as well.

I think McEwan has had a superb TDF thus far : three stage wins.
And that's after being disqualified from a stage too.

If he gets through the Pyrennees, I make him favourite for the final stage
( I got odds of 7-1 yesterday and I've place me tenner on him).

I belive he is a pretty small guy?
I was always under the impression the sprinters were big guys (boonen, cipo, etc).

Does the size of the guy not that big a factor?

tcklyde said:
No question. I was a bit worried about him after the first two stages, but I shouldn't have been. Robbie has beaten both Petacchi and Boonen on multiple ocassions. He's in top form.

Fast Freddie has done some nice lead outs this Tour as well.

Rodriguez is a great sprinter : there is a lot of good press about him and he's
the next man in line, I reckon.

nonameboy said:
horner should wrute an article explaining"how to loose a stage".

I was actually hoping Horner would win the stage because he's having a fine season with Saunier and he's a guy who is prepared to ride throughout the season.

But I just knew when Chavanel and himself started looking around at each other that they'd be caught.
Horner's a gutsy rider.

steve26 said:
I was always under the impression the sprinters were big guys (boonen, cipo, etc).

He's not tall like Petacchi or Cippo : he is small in stature.
And he looks light too.
Light in a well built sort of way (am I making sense ?????)

Do you need to be tall to sprint ?
I am afraid I was never a sprinter so I can tell you !

limerickman said:
He's not tall like Petacchi or Cippo : he is small in stature.
And he looks light too.
Light in a well built sort of way (am I making sense ?????)

Do you need to be tall to sprint ?
I am afraid I was never a sprinter so I can tell you !
I believe he weighs 146lbs. Seems a climbers weight.

limerickman said:
I was actually hoping Horner would win the stage because he's having a fine season with Saunier and he's a guy who is prepared to ride throughout the season.

But I just knew when Chavanel and himself started looking around at each other that they'd be caught.
Horner's a gutsy rider.
if horner had gone to the front one or two times in the last km he probably would´ve won but instead he let chavanell do all the pushing and that wasnt enough.

nonameboy said:
if horner had gone to the front one or two times in the last km he probably would´ve won but instead he let chavanell do all the pushing and that wasnt enough.

Agreed : Chavanel is more of roleur, rather than a sprinter : Horner I would have guessed might have had a better sprint and could "jump" Chavanel in the sprint.

thats what chavanel said to eurosport post stage, one of them would have won it horner had done his share.

steve26 said:

well, robbie is pretty stout for his size, you can really see his build when he does his jesus pose after a win. much more built than, say, rasmussen.