Kudos to Speedplay!

jitmo

Jun 13, 2005
I just want to put a public thanks to Speedplay for their cuctomer service. I purchased their pedals (x series) about 5 years ago and recently had one just fall off, so to speak. A nut inside worked it's way off the spindle. Easily put back on and tightened, but in the process a body screw was lost and an "o" ring was shot. I went to my LBS (two of them), and was told that they didn't have the parts. One owner told me he had trouble getting stuff from them a few years ago. Well, i made one call and they are sending me new parts. Simple as that. I realize it's just a simple screw and ring, but sure beats using others as substitute. Also, i won a gift box from their tour de france giveaway online. A water bottle, sport bag, bottle opener(wrench), pair of defeet socks, and a cap along with several stickers. Makers of great pedals, and great customer service. Wish everyone was like this. I tried to get a screw for a handgun grip and it was going to cost over $19. The handgun cost way more than the pedals. Makes no sense.