Kudos to ToPeak

A couple of years ago I bought a ToPeak Joe Blow Sprint floor pump
from Nashbar. It's a beautifully made aluminum pump with a Twin-head
for use with both kinds of tire valves. All kinds of intellegent
features from a large hardened steel base to a comfortable handle to
secure hose storage to an easy to see gauge.

Late last year I started having trouble getting a good seal when
filling tires. This year it became really bad. So I contacted ToPeak,
explained the situation, and asked for assistance. The problem turned
out to be that a plastic actuator in the Twinhead had been deformed by
the metal cam that pushes against it so the actuator could not push
the tire valve pin and allow air to enter the tire.

ToPeak sent me a new, easy-to-install Twin-Head and all is well again.

Clearly a first class company that stands behind their products.

I would suggest, however, that they consider adding a metal facing to
the plastic actuator that that metal cam operates on.

- nopcbs

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:14:33, [email protected] wrote:

> ToPeak sent me a new, easy-to-install Twin-Head and all is well again.

> Clearly a first class company that stands behind their products.

I have a ToPeak Turbo Morph mini-pump that I've used for a few years.
shortly after I bought it, the old quick-release, zip-tie-attached
mounting bracket broke, but I never did anything about it. Just
recently, I got a Mini Morph as a gift, and it included a pretty cool
"water-bottle" mounted bracket. I noticed the instructions for
installation described a similar pump-mount for the Turbo Morph. I
called them up, and last week I received in the mail a replacement for
the old-style mount, and a new-style mount as well.

Just another good experience with ToPeak...

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - [email protected] - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.

On Jul 24, 9:14 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> A couple of years ago I bought a ToPeak Joe Blow Sprint floor pump
> from Nashbar. It's a beautifully made aluminum pump with a Twin-head
> for use with both kinds of tire valves. All kinds of intellegent
> features from a large hardened steel base to a comfortable handle to
> secure hose storage to an easy to see gauge.
>
> Late last year I started having trouble getting a good seal when
> filling tires. This year it became really bad. So I contacted ToPeak,
> explained the situation, and asked for assistance. The problem turned
> out to be that a plastic actuator in the Twinhead had been deformed by
> the metal cam that pushes against it so the actuator could not push
> the tire valve pin and allow air to enter the tire.
>
> ToPeak sent me a new, easy-to-install Twin-Head and all is well again.
>
> Clearly a first class company that stands behind their products.
>
> I would suggest, however, that they consider adding a metal facing to
> the plastic actuator that that metal cam operates on.
>
> - nopcbs

Topeak is a good company that makes great products and stands behind
them. I've had good experiences with them, too.

Smokey

On Jul 25, 6:24 pm, Smokey <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 9:14 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>

> > A couple of years ago I bought a ToPeak Joe Blow Sprint floor pump
> > from Nashbar. It's a beautifully made aluminum pump with a Twin-head
> > for use with both kinds of tire valves. All kinds of intellegent
> > features from a large hardened steel base to a comfortable handle to
> > secure hose storage to an easy to see gauge.

> > Late last year I started having trouble getting a good seal when
> > filling tires. This year it became really bad. So I contacted ToPeak,
> > explained the situation, and asked for assistance. The problem turned
> > out to be that a plastic actuator in the Twinhead had been deformed by
> > the metal cam that pushes against it so the actuator could not push
> > the tire valve pin and allow air to enter the tire.

> > ToPeak sent me a new, easy-to-install Twin-Head and all is well again.

> > Clearly a first class company that stands behind their products.

> > I would suggest, however, that they consider adding a metal facing to
> > the plastic actuator that that metal cam operates on.

> > - nopcbs

> Topeak is a good company that makes great products and stands behind
> them. I've had good experiences with them, too.
>
> Smokey- Hide quoted text -

IAWTP

(I agree with this post.)