Kudos to Vecchio's (Long)

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Cat Dailey, Apr 22, 2003.

  1. Cat Dailey

    Cat Dailey Guest

    I sent a set of Ambrosio Excellight rims and 32 hole Record hubs to Peter, who built me up a
    beautiful set of wheels with DT spokes 3x for my new bike. I got them when promised about a month
    ago and finally got around to swapping out my cassette and actually riding them. Anyway, long and
    short....I love them! Rode them on a 40 miler yesterday and 30 today. They were originally planned
    as a spare set in case of a problem with my "expensive" boutique wheels that I spent a ridiculous
    amount of money on. Well, the "expensive" wheels have already developed a rear hub problem that is
    quite nasty on fast descents. Peter's wheels ride smoother and I feel much more secure cornering on
    them. Also, for some strange reason, the bike balances better with them. I don't know if it's
    because the $$$ wheels have a radially laced front or maybe because 3x wire wheels are more
    compliant (is that a concept applicable to wheels?) or what it is. And before you flame away, Jobst,
    I have identical rubber/tubes/inflation on both sets. All I can say is that Peter's wheels seem to
    roll over rough road much more smoothly. Peter did a beautiful job, set a fair price, and delivered
    exactly when promised. I would not hesitate to recommend Vecchio's to anyone. And don't waste your
    money on crappy boutique wheels ;<

    Cat

    Tags:

  2. 1

    1 Guest

    >And don't waste your money on crappy boutique wheels ;<
    >
    >Cat

    You won't look as cool as us on the cooler wheels!! Thats worth more than reliability or
    smoothness anyday!

  3. cat-Many thanks for the kind words..Wheelbuilding is something we really enjoy doing...

  4. Cat Dailey

    Cat Dailey Guest

    Ha! (How's that for a witty retort??) Anyway, who said my new wheels didn't look "Cool"?

    Cat

    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > >And don't waste your money on crappy boutique wheels ;<
    > >
    > >Cat
    >
    > You won't look as cool as us on the cooler wheels!! Thats worth more than reliability or
    > smoothness anyday!

  5. [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > cat-Many thanks for the kind words..Wheelbuilding is something we really enjoy doing...

    OK. I'd like a sturdy long lived wheel for a touring bike. Three cross and 36 spoke. Ypur choice of
    hub, rim and spokes. when can ypu mail it and how much will I pay? Michael Pearlman

  6. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    > cat-Many thanks for the kind words..Wheelbuilding is something we really
    enjoy
    > doing...

    Come on Peter!! We all know you're responding to your own post!! You're not fooling me for a
    minute!! ;-)

    Cheers!

    Scott...