Kunich: Paris trip postponed by logic from 12 year old

Tom Kunich wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> The technicians were observed operating the machine
>>> incorrectly, and the lab couldn't show that they knew how
>>> the instrument worked. Nor could they look it up because
>>> the documentation was missing. But there is no rule
>>> regarding technician knowledge or training.
>>>
>>> Other stuff... skipping scheduled instrument calibrations,
>>> the transcription errors, deleting results.

>> Dumbass,
>>
>> Those all sound pretty normal for a sophomore level chemistry lab.

> And yet it delights you to know that despite the fact that they didn't
> know how to operate the machinery properly, that the initial finding of
> 4.5:1 and the second finding of 11:l plainly demonstrate a
> bacteriological contaminant that completely disqualifies the samples or
> that they didn't even understand proper documentation procedures, that
> you're more than willing to accept the findings of a completely
> incompetent laboratory and destroy the life's work of an athlete.
>
> Congratulations.

The Sinkabitch case shows you probably owe those same French lab girls a
bottle of Chanel No. 5 for Christmas to show them just how sorry you are
for saying all these bad things about them for the past 18 months.

Nothing says sorry like a bottle of Chanel.

Magilla

"Bob Schwartz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>> Campbell also voted to acquit Tyler "I owe $40,0000 to a Spanish
>> gynecologist named Dr. Fuentes" Hamilton.
>>
>> Let me ask you something, Bob. Does your health insurance cover getting
>> Pro Tour semen pumped out of your stomach?

> Just because I think Tyler did it doesn't mean I don't
> see a problem with showing a test result to the guy
> that developed the test, telling him that it belongs
> to gold medalist Tyler Hamilton, and asking him if it
> is positive. So I could see where Campbell was coming
> from with that. And other of his points in that case.
>
> It has been quite some time since a Believer in Tyler
> has shown up here.

I will say it yet again - unless the "good guys" can win without cheating
they can't win at all.

In article <[email protected]>,
MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> But the idea that cyclists are routinely getting framed or screwed over
> by the labs is no longer going to wash. If anything, history has shown
> cyclists are slandering lab techs. The list of cyclists who have
> claimed innocense and attacked the lab science only to later admit they
> juiced seems to get larger every year.

You never spent time in a laboratory trying to get
reliable numbers. You have no idea what it takes.
Let me paint a metaphor. You go to shop class and
work four weeks to make and paint a birdhouse.
How did it turn out? Now make us a pair of matched
mahogany end tables.

How long did it take you to get respectable at
a mid-week criterium? Getting reliable, repeatable
numbers counting molecules is very hard work. You
do not know how hard, and how it is that folks
who have gotten reliable numbers can tell when
somebody else is going through the motions.

--
Michael Press

In article
<[email protected]
egroups.com>,
[email protected] wrote:

> > > can you give me a concrete example of what you're talking about ?

> > The technicians were observed operating the machine
> > incorrectly, and the lab couldn't show that they knew how
> > the instrument worked. Nor could they look it up because
> > the documentation was missing. But there is no rule
> > regarding technician knowledge or training.
> >
> > Other stuff... skipping scheduled instrument calibrations,
> > the transcription errors, deleting results.

> Dumbass,
>
> Those all sound pretty normal for a sophomore level chemistry lab.

I did better in freshman chemistry lab. Had to show up
0800 hours, Saturday too. And it was all wet chemistry.

--
Michael Press

In article
<[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bob Schwartz wrote:
> >> Other stuff... skipping scheduled instrument calibrations, the
> >> transcription errors, deleting results.

> rechungREMOVETHIS wrote:
> > Those all sound pretty normal for a sophomore level chemistry lab.

> The moral of the story is don't buy your crystal meth (or LSD)
> from sophomore level chemistry students.

I knew an organiker researched LSD syntheses. Would
painstakingly track down a synthesis from ingredients
you could still get, pull the bound journal, and find
the article razored out.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>But the idea that cyclists are routinely getting framed or screwed over
>>by the labs is no longer going to wash. If anything, history has shown
>>cyclists are slandering lab techs. The list of cyclists who have
>>claimed innocense and attacked the lab science only to later admit they
>>juiced seems to get larger every year.

> You never spent time in a laboratory trying to get
> reliable numbers. You have no idea what it takes.
> Let me paint a metaphor. You go to shop class and
> work four weeks to make and paint a birdhouse.
> How did it turn out? Now make us a pair of matched
> mahogany end tables.
>
> How long did it take you to get respectable at
> a mid-week criterium? Getting reliable, repeatable
> numbers counting molecules is very hard work. You
> do not know how hard, and how it is that folks
> who have gotten reliable numbers can tell when
> somebody else is going through the motions.

Dude,

I spent so much time in labs that I could tell you which insect species
will survive the carousel g-ride on the HCT setting of a Beckman Coulter
centrifuge (ticks* kick the bejesus out of anything else on this planet).

Don't tell me you've never done it on a late Friday afternoon either,
brother.

I use to cross-contaminate the contiguous wells in ELISA tests all the
time in the rinse & blot step and then call up the 1-800 number on the
box and tell them to send me more stuff because it sure as hell wasn't
my fault.

Lab directors loved me. They called me Stock Boy.

I could probably teach you a thing or two about how to re-stock your lab
for free.

Magilla

*arachnid, insect - same thing.

Michael Press wrote:
> I did better in freshman chemistry lab.

Ah, but we were talking about frenchman chemistry lab.

In article
<[email protected]>,
Ted van de Weteringe <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> > I did better in freshman chemistry lab.

> Ah, but we were talking about frenchman chemistry lab.

No mystery why freshman labs are scheduled when they
are. But nobody was around except the hind teat
graduate student minding the absolute EtOH.

-- I'd like the powdered Al, Fe2O3, KMnO4, C3H5(OH)3,
and Mg wire to go, please.

-- Would you like dry sand with that?

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:

> -- I'd like the powdered Al, Fe2O3, KMnO4, C3H5(OH)3,
> and Mg wire to go, please.

Expect a visit from Homeland Security.

In article <[email protected]>,
Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:

> Michael Press wrote:
> >
> > -- I'd like the powdered Al, Fe2O3, KMnO4, C3H5(OH)3,
> > and Mg wire to go, please.
> >

> Expect a visit from Homeland Security.

I over-egged the custard.
Cancel the Mg ribbon.