Kuota Bikes and Wheels?

confusedxx

Apr 5, 2005
I was thinking of getting a Kuota Road bike. I have not seen many reviews yet on the bikes, but what I have read is full of compliments from comfort to stiffness, speed, handling and weight.

So I was looking at the new KOM (King of the Mountains) or the Kredo (the predessor to the KOM). Does anyone have any comments or experiences with either of these frames?

Secondly, what about wheels? I would like something that I can use the Powertap 2.4 SL hub on! The ones I am looking at are:

1. Macric R-sys
2. Mavric Ksyrium SL
3. Campagnolo Zonda

The Ksyrium are faster than the R-sys on time trials by about 1 minute over 40km (according to a recent German Tri Magazine that was comparing Aero Wheels). However, the R-sys are lighter and stiffer. The Campagnolo are cheaper and also stiff and strong. Which would recommend and are any compatible with the Powertap hub?

By the way, I am 80kg (not sure about that in pounds). Does that play a role in any of the wheels or bikes?

confusedxx said:
I was thinking of getting a Kuota Road bike. I have not seen many reviews yet on the bikes, but what I have read is full of compliments from comfort to stiffness, speed, handling and weight.

So I was looking at the new KOM (King of the Mountains) or the Kredo (the predessor to the KOM). Does anyone have any comments or experiences with either of these frames?

Secondly, what about wheels? I would like something that I can use the Powertap 2.4 SL hub on! The ones I am looking at are:

1. Macric R-sys
2. Mavric Ksyrium SL
3. Campagnolo Zonda

The Ksyrium are faster than the R-sys on time trials by about 1 minute over 40km (according to a recent German Tri Magazine that was comparing Aero Wheels). However, the R-sys are lighter and stiffer. The Campagnolo are cheaper and also stiff and strong. Which would recommend and are any compatible with the Powertap hub?

By the way, I am 80kg (not sure about that in pounds). Does that play a role in any of the wheels or bikes?

Don't know anything about the bike but none of the wheels mentioned are Powertap compatible. Ya got a bike shop handy that can build wheels? Buy the hub, have them build ya a wheel.

Doubt the krysirium is 'faster' than the r-sys. Neither are very aero. PLUS twice the price for about 200 gram savings..not worth it IMO.

BTW-80kg is 176 poounds(80kg times 2.2 pounds per kg)

Kuota frames are quite well respected here in Italy - Kuota is a relatively new company that designs in Italy and has its frames made in Asia. I have only ever heard good things about the company and their products. I think you will be quite satisfied with a KOM frame.

And have your own wheels made, if you have the chance. I would do some more searching if I were you regarding the R-sys wheels, which seem to have come in for a lot of criticism of late as being overpriced and not any better than a classic Ksyrium.