Kurt kinetic - Bizarre Computer Readings

Ade Merckx said:
ok cheers mate, i'll let you know how I get on
Mine seems bollocks too, to be honest.....right now I can get watts display but distance, time, odometer have stopped.

Great trainer, **** computer.

shame.

yeah...they need to sort the computer out.
Last night mine was jumping from 290 to 320 and back every second even when I tried to pedal really smoothly.

you can't expect that kurt computer to be to accurate anyway. Thats why it only retails at $50 and every other power meter out there is in the hundreds. Its more for speed and give you an approx watt readout.

BullGod said:
Mine seems bollocks too, to be honest.....right now I can get watts display but distance, time, odometer have stopped.

Great trainer, **** computer.

shame.
yeah i gotta say love the trainer. I'll have to monitor my rides by cadence now till I get a spare battery or new computer. What a shame!

you can't expect that kurt computer to be to accurate anyway. Thats why it only retails at $50 and every other power meter out there is in the hundreds. Its more for speed and give you an approx watt readout.
Well, it's not a power meter, per se.
it's a speedo .
The watts are an estimate, but if you look at the Kinetic literature, it is a very close approximation to a power tap 's readings.
However, the point is, if the speed is held at a constant 21.8 mph or whatever, you wouldn't expect the power reading, which is derived from the speed, to jump all over the place from 290 to 320.