Kurt Kinetic Fluid Trainer question

triguy28

Dec 13, 2009
I am looking to buy a trainer for the first time (usually just run and swim in the winter) and tested and loved a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine yesterday. My question is: is there any major difference between the 2009 Road Machine and a Kurt Kinetic Fluid Trainer from 2003? I found a used 2003 Kurt Kinetic Fluid Trainer for $100 that supposedly has only been used a dozen times. Saving $150+ sounds pretty good.

Any reason I should steer clear of the older model? Also... the person I'm buying it from isn't sure it's the "Road Machine". Was there any other Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer in 2003? Here is a picture of the actual trainer I'm considering buying:

2003KurtKineticFluidTrainer.jpg

Any thoughts on the matter would be super appreciated. Thanks!

triguy28 said:
I am looking to buy a trainer for the first time (usually just run and swim in the winter) and tested and loved a Kurt Kinetic Road Machine yesterday. My question is: is there any major difference between the 2009 Road Machine and a Kurt Kinetic Fluid Trainer from 2003? I found a used 2003 Kurt Kinetic Fluid Trainer for $100 that supposedly has only been used a dozen times. Saving $150+ sounds pretty good.

Any reason I should steer clear of the older model? Also... the person I'm buying it from isn't sure it's the "Road Machine". Was there any other Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer in 2003? Here is a picture of the actual trainer I'm considering buying:

2003KurtKineticFluidTrainer.jpg

Any thoughts on the matter would be super appreciated. Thanks!

Hey, this probably won't help, but...

I have a friend who has a 2005ish and I just bought a brand new one... They seem almost the same, minus the paint. To me, they seem/feel the same.

If it looks like it is in good condition and you can get a good deal, get it. They have a lifetime warranty. However, it is for the original owner, but they might still honor it. That would be the only thing I'd want to make sure of. From everything I've read they are bomb proof and you may never use the warranty.

Kurt Kinetic makes a solid product and backs it up. Also their customer support is good so I would definitely buy it. I have the new model of Road Machine, but I'm sure it's the same from 03.