Kuurne - Brussel - Kuurne predictions

You Hincapie negative guys are soooo cruel. Yesterday was still February for God's sake!

IMO, his fashion sense is his strongest suit (pun intended).

[email protected] (Amit) wrote in message

> I'd put him in the same category as guys like Wilfred Peeters and Tristan Hoffman, lots of top
> tens and if things go their way they could come up with a big win during their career, but they
> won't go on to have Museeuw/Tchmil type palmares.
>
> -Amit

Agreed, winning one or two monuments and being on a team that's one at least 6 GT's would have to be
considered a pretty good career.

Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I've said it before here, but I think Hincapie is strong enough and even smart enough to be a
> classics winner. What he seems to be lacking is the mental strength it takes to win - he just
> doesn't seem to have a lot of self-confidence. I doubt Postal is going to do anything about
> that (like get him a sports shrink), because it isn't in their interests to do so, as he does a
> great job as a team guy for Lance in the Tour. Priorities, you know?

But ya know, this might be the year that some of that changes. Notice how many races Postal is doing
well in? Even though all the talk is of "the 6th tour is our primary objective", everyone, including
Dirk and Johan, must be looking to pad their palmeres for what might happen.

"jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > I've said it before here, but I think Hincapie is strong enough and
even
> > smart enough to be a classics winner. What he seems to be lacking is the mental strength it
> > takes to win - he just doesn't seem to have a lot of self-confidence. I doubt Postal is going
> > to do anything about that (like get him a sports shrink), because it isn't in their interests
> > to do so,
as
> > he does a great job as a team guy for Lance in the Tour. Priorities, you know?
>
> But ya know, this might be the year that some of that changes. Notice how many races Postal is
> doing well in? Even though all the talk is of "the 6th tour is our primary objective", everyone,
> including Dirk and Johan, must be looking to pad their palmeres for what might happen.

Indeed. The USPS contract is up and a sixth TDF win isn't guaranteed. So go out and show the sponsor
how you can generate publicity THROUGHOUT the year ... not just in July.

As for George ... some people are born leaders. Some are born followers. George strikes me as the
latter. But he's a damn good one.

Bob C.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
news:[email protected]...

> "jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >

> Indeed. The USPS contract is up and a sixth TDF win isn't guaranteed. So go out and show the
> sponsor how you can generate publicity THROUGHOUT the year ... not just in July.

Just to remind : USPS is not the only sponsor ; so is Berry Floor. The population of the team is, I
am guessing, not less Belgian than US. So, if there is a next year, it could well be time for all
the riders to impress the major sponsor for 2005, and even more so, in Belgian events.
--
Bonne route,

Sandy Paris FR

"SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "psycholist" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >

> > Indeed. The USPS contract is up and a sixth TDF win isn't guaranteed.
So
> > go out and show the sponsor how you can generate publicity THROUGHOUT
the
> > year ... not just in July.
>
> Just to remind : USPS is not the only sponsor ; so is Berry Floor. The population of the team is,
> I am guessing, not less Belgian than US. So,
if
> there is a next year, it could well be time for all the riders to impress the major sponsor for
> 2005, and even more so, in Belgian events.
> --
> Bonne route,
>
> Sandy Paris FR

Good point. Look for Hincapie to be supporting Max Van Heeswijk more and more down the road.

Like the others said - Hincapie rode a fine race, all things considered. i was surprised to see him
in such good form as well. I was also impressed with Joachim and Devolder. Postal looks like they've
finally got a solid support unit for Hincapie, or if the need be, a few extra cards to play, so
hopefully it won't be a QS-D fest.

It was an OK race to watch on TV, expecially with Omloop doing his energizer bunny routine. Based on
k-b-k I'm looking forward to April.

ops.be>...

[email protected] (jim gravity) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "jr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > This guy can never make it happen. Yeah, start trying to chase back with 1km to go. Idiot. A
> > large break goes with 4km to go, and he just watches. Cant he ever just sit in for a while, save
> > his energy, and try to be there in the end?! I think Postal should get rid of him. Maybe hire
> > Chung instead!
> >

> ********, George was all over the front of the splintered peleton in the last 75ks, working his
> ass off for Max. Max missed the move, and Quickstep, Fassa, and Rabobank were all represented, and
> didn't have

Dumbass -

There is only one moment in any race when being at the front matters. GH is never on the front at
that moment.

-RJ

[email protected] (jim gravity) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Amit) wrote in message
>
> > I'd put him in the same category as guys like Wilfred Peeters and Tristan Hoffman, lots of top
> > tens and if things go their way they could come up with a big win during their career, but they
> > won't go on to have Museeuw/Tchmil type palmares.
> >
> > -Amit
>
> Agreed, winning one or two monuments and being on a team that's one at least 6 GT's would have to
> be considered a pretty good career.

That would be a great career. Except GH hasn't won any monuments. And putting him in the same
category as Hoffman and Peeters is generous - he is in the next tier down.

GH doesn't win for a very simple reason - he doesn't have to.

I guarantee that GH does not win a race that is held on a weekend all season.

-RJ

jim gravity wrote:
> Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> I've said it before here, but I think Hincapie is strong enough and even smart enough to be a
>> classics winner. What he seems to be lacking is the mental strength it takes to win - he just
>> doesn't seem to have a lot of self-confidence. I doubt Postal is going to do anything about
>> that (like get him a sports shrink), because it isn't in their interests to do so, as he does
>> a great job as a team guy for Lance in the Tour. Priorities, you know?
>
> But ya know, this might be the year that some of that changes. Notice how many races Postal is
> doing well in? Even though all the talk is of "the 6th tour is our primary objective", everyone,
> including Dirk and Johan, must be looking to pad their palmeres for what might happen.

This is the reason George should continue to support van Heeswijk.

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:20:50 GMT, Kyle Legate wrote:
> This is the reason George should continue to support van Heeswijk.

Only for so long as he is considered to have the greatest chance of winning. In later races that
might be Georgie himself again.

[anticipated response]

But it can.

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 29 Feb 2004 10:57:45 -0800, jim gravity wrote:

> In his defence, for quite some time it looked as though the break wasn't going to stick. I think
> QS was speculating on that too, in spite of having Bettini at the front. Later winner de Jongh was
> the last to bridge from behind three others who gave up, can't remember if van Heeswijk (or any
> other Postie) was among them.

thanks.

"Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> if anyone sucked it was QSD. They should have sticked to the Boonen-plan, now a not-yet Bettini
> was in the break with 5 sprinters, that was a big risk. And they were really chasing at the end,
> Boonen said something of missing communication, Bettini was trying to say he wasn't that sure, but
> it didn't come through in time.

now Bettini's claiming "these don't go to 11"

[email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (jim gravity) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Amit) wrote in message
> >
> > > I'd put him in the same category as guys like Wilfred Peeters and Tristan Hoffman, lots of top
> > > tens and if things go their way they could come up with a big win during their career, but
> > > they won't go on to have Museeuw/Tchmil type palmares.
> > >
> > > -Amit
> >
> > Agreed, winning one or two monuments and being on a team that's one at least 6 GT's would have
> > to be considered a pretty good career.
>
> That would be a great career. Except GH hasn't won any monuments.

Not yet...

"SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "psycholist" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > >

> > Indeed. The USPS contract is up and a sixth TDF win isn't guaranteed. So go out and show the
> > sponsor how you can generate publicity THROUGHOUT the year ... not just in July.
>
> Just to remind : USPS is not the only sponsor ; so is Berry Floor.

And so is AMD.

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:20:50 GMT, Kyle Legate wrote:
> > This is the reason George should continue to support van Heeswijk.
>
> Only for so long as he is considered to have the greatest chance of winning. In later races that
> might be Georgie himself again.
>
> [anticipated response]
>
> But it can.

April is a whole month away, for us, George and Johan.

On 03/01/2004 11:43 AM, in article
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I guarantee that GH does not win a race that is held on a weekend all season.

Depending on the line, I'd like a piece of that action.

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

So then could we say his team sucks? Maybe George is just stupid for staying, and not a bad
rider...Either way, one helper at the end of major classic is no good.

CH