Kyalami for sale

G

For those of us that ride at Kyalami race track during the week...

Just read an article on news24 that Kyalami is for sale :eek: Sound as if Sasol Pension Fund is the most likely buyer.

I really hope this does not mean the end of this as a great and safe facility for cyclists.

Kyalami has been on sale for awhile now, I think. They'll probably sell it and erect a site for low budget housing there. ::)

Dont they have alot of motor bike racing (SBK and MGP?) and an F1 race there each year?

International bike racing and local car racing, but no F1. I doubt Kyalami will ever see a F1 race again.

I recall an F1 race at Kyalami round about the early nineties... other than that I know that Williams-BMW (with Ralf Schumacher) were out here a while ago to do some testing.

About the low cost housing ..Jip V02, say no more :D

Williams like testing here because of the climate - nice and hot. BAR were out here a few years ago with Villeneuve and Zanardi (God bless him :'( ).

dont think that they'll be building low cost housing there. It'll cost to much to pull down the exisiting structures etc. Also there is an open piece of land right across the road as well as Leeukop Prison right next door.

Also if you take a drive through there they are busy renovating some parking areas. Me thinks the track will continue to be used as a race track and hopefully will have little or no impact on our cycling activities within the track. (I'll loose both my offroad and onroad course if this happens.)

dont think that they'll be building low cost housing there. It'll cost to much to pull down the exisiting structures etc. Also there is an open piece of land right across the road as well as Leeukop Prison right next door.

Also if you take a drive through there they are busy renovating some parking areas. Me thinks the track will continue to be used as a race track and hopefully will have little or no impact on our cycling activities within the track. (I'll loose both my offroad and onroad course if this happens.)

But isn't Kyalami a low cost area already? ;)