L. A. Confidential Concluded

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    J'ai fini le livre de Walsh. Lu lui si vous osez. Le cycle sans aucun
    doute a été corrompu complètement en enduisant cela a nettement changé la
    nature du sport au cours des 15 dernières années. Je fais douter peu que de
    cela le temps d'excédent Greg Lemond sera entièrement défendu.

    Pour moi, ce sport le plus beau est mort. Voilà.

    Tags:

  2. SMMB

    SMMB Guest

    "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > J'ai fini le livre de Walsh. Lu lui si vous osez. Le cycle sans aucun
    > doute a été corrompu complètement en enduisant cela a nettement changé la
    > nature du sport au cours des 15 dernières années. Je fais douter peu que

    de
    > cela le temps d'excédent Greg Lemond sera entièrement défendu.
    >

    > Pour moi, ce sport le plus beau est mort. Voilà.

    ENGLISH please (as you are doing mortal harm to the language of Voltaire :)

    --
    Bonne route,

    Sandy
    Paris FR

  3. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    > > J'ai fini le livre de Walsh. Lu lui si vous osez. Le cycle sans aucun
    > > doute a été corrompu complètement en enduisant cela a nettement changé

    la
    > > nature du sport au cours des 15 dernières années. Je fais douter peu que

    > de
    > > cela le temps d'excédent Greg Lemond sera entièrement défendu.
    > >

    > > Pour moi, ce sport le plus beau est mort. Voilà.
    > >

    > ENGLISH please (as you are doing mortal harm to the language of Voltaire

    :)

    > --
    > Bonne route,
    >
    > Sandy
    > Paris FR

    I though Voltaire was channeling through me. No?

    There is nothing left to say. If anyone reads the book and still believes
    that the top riders of the sport are clean, I can only liken their belief
    to religious faith, nothing more. It goes a long way as well towards
    explaining why the sport has become so boring, especially with the lack of
    selection on Classics courses at places where the action once happened. For
    me the sport is simply dead and no longer of very much interest. So it
    goes. Riding is still enjoyable.

    Bonne route!

  4. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    > > J'ai fini le livre de Walsh. Lu lui si vous osez. Le cycle sans aucun
    > > doute a été corrompu complètement en enduisant cela a nettement changé

    la
    > > nature du sport au cours des 15 dernières années. Je fais douter peu que

    > de
    > > cela le temps d'excédent Greg Lemond sera entièrement défendu.
    > >

    > > Pour moi, ce sport le plus beau est mort. Voilà.
    > >

    > ENGLISH please (as you are doing mortal harm to the language of Voltaire

    :)

    > --
    > Bonne route,
    >
    > Sandy
    > Paris FR

    I though Voltaire was channeling through me. No?

    There is nothing left to say. If anyone reads the book and still believes
    that the top riders of the sport are clean, I can only liken their belief
    to religious faith, nothing more. It goes a long way as well towards
    explaining why the sport has become so boring, especially with the lack of
    selection on Classics courses at places where the action once happened. For
    me the sport is simply dead and no longer of very much interest. So it
    goes. Riding is still enjoyable.

    Bonne route!

  5. Ken Prager

    Ken Prager Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
    > > news:eek:[email protected]
    > > > J'ai fini le livre de Walsh. Lu lui si vous osez. Le cycle sans aucun
    > > > doute a été corrompu complètement en enduisant cela a nettement changé

    > la
    > > > nature du sport au cours des 15 dernières années. Je fais douter peu que

    > > de
    > > > cela le temps d'excédent Greg Lemond sera entièrement défendu.
    > > >

    > > > Pour moi, ce sport le plus beau est mort. Voilà.
    > > >

    > > ENGLISH please (as you are doing mortal harm to the language of Voltaire

    > :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Bonne route,
    > >
    > > Sandy
    > > Paris FR

    > I though Voltaire was channeling through me. No?
    >
    > There is nothing left to say. If anyone reads the book and still believes
    > that the top riders of the sport are clean, I can only liken their belief
    > to religious faith, nothing more. It goes a long way as well towards
    > explaining why the sport has become so boring, especially with the lack of
    > selection on Classics courses at places where the action once happened. For
    > me the sport is simply dead and no longer of very much interest. So it
    > goes. Riding is still enjoyable.

    Since there is "nothing left to say," does that mean you will be saying
    nothing, particularly to this newsgroup?

    Or, will you the spew continue?

    Cheers,

    KP

    --
    Remove _me_ for e-mail address

  6. Tom Paterson

    Tom Paterson Guest

    >From: "B. Lafferty"

    >There is nothing left to say.

    That sounds promising.

    >For
    >me the sport is simply dead and no >longer of very much interest.

    Does that mean you're going to stop posting every negative thing you can dig up
    about Lance Armstrong?

    >Bonne route!

    Thyself. --TP

  7. IMKen

    IMKen Guest

    If it is so boring , why are you here???

    > "SMMB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
    > > news:eek:[email protected]
    > > > J'ai fini le livre de Walsh. Lu lui si vous osez. Le cycle sans

    aucun
    > > > doute a été corrompu complètement en enduisant cela a nettement changé

    > la
    > > > nature du sport au cours des 15 dernières années. Je fais douter peu

    que
    > > de
    > > > cela le temps d'excédent Greg Lemond sera entièrement défendu.
    > > >

    > > > Pour moi, ce sport le plus beau est mort. Voilà.
    > > >

    > > ENGLISH please (as you are doing mortal harm to the language of Voltaire

    > :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Bonne route,
    > >
    > > Sandy
    > > Paris FR

    > I though Voltaire was channeling through me. No?
    >
    > There is nothing left to say. If anyone reads the book and still believes
    > that the top riders of the sport are clean, I can only liken their belief
    > to religious faith, nothing more. It goes a long way as well towards
    > explaining why the sport has become so boring, especially with the lack of
    > selection on Classics courses at places where the action once happened.

    For
    > me the sport is simply dead and no longer of very much interest. So it
    > goes. Riding is still enjoyable.
    >
    > Bonne route!

  8. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > I though Voltaire was channeling through me. No?
    >
    > There is nothing left to say. If anyone reads the book and still believes
    > that the top riders of the sport are clean, I can only liken their belief
    > to religious faith, nothing more.

    Presumably Voltaire would therefore conclude that the top riders are not
    clean, given his view on religious faith.