L2B - Hopelessly Too Late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Richards

I was thinking of doing the London to Brighton this year and haven't actually sent off my
application form yet. Having looked at some of the messages on this NG tonight it looks like
everyone's already sent off their applications and had their cheques cashed. Do you think it would
be futile sending mine off now?

--

Andrew Richardson

> off their applications and had their cheques cashed. Do you think it would be futile sending mine
> off now?

My rider packs arrived yesterday, so it probably is. Not going to hurt to try though. I imagine if
you show that you can bring in a whole lot of sponsorship money your chances are much better.

Good luck

On public roads theres nothing to stop you joining in unofficially just can't use the facilities.

"Andrew Richardson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was thinking of doing the London to Brighton this year and haven't actually sent off my
> application form yet. Having looked at some of the messages on this NG tonight it looks like
> everyone's already sent off their applications and had their cheques cashed. Do you think it would
> be futile sending mine off now?
>
> --
>
> Andrew Richardson

"Andrew Richardson" <[email protected]> wrote

> I was thinking of doing the London to Brighton this year and haven't actually sent off my
> application form yet. Having looked at some of the messages on this NG tonight it looks like
> everyone's already sent off their applications and had their cheques cashed. Do you think it would

If you want a pleasant 60 mile ride consider the Isle of Wight Randonee on May 4th
http://www.cycleisland.co.uk/

David Roberts

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 06:59:19 +0000 (UTC), "Johnny Klunk"
<johnnyklunk@:rem0ve-this:johnnyklunk.com> wrote:

>> off their applications and had their cheques cashed. Do you think it would be futile sending mine
>> off now?
>
>My rider packs arrived yesterday, so it probably is. Not going to hurt to try though. I imagine if
>you show that you can bring in a whole lot of sponsorship money your chances are much better.

How much is the average amount of sponsorship money brought in by a rider?

--

Andrew Richardson

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:10:24 +0100, "DR" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Andrew Richardson" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> I was thinking of doing the London to Brighton this year and haven't actually sent off my
>> application form yet. Having looked at some of the messages on this NG tonight it looks like
>> everyone's already sent off their applications and had their cheques cashed. Do you think it
>> would be futile sending mine off now?
>
>If you want a pleasant 60 mile ride consider the Isle of Wight Randonee on May 4th
>http://www.cycleisland.co.uk/

Seconded. We went last year on our tandem, and plan to be there this year. Great fun for cyclists of
all abilities and free to enter. No booking, just turn up on the day

Tim
--

fast and gripping, non pompous, glossy and credible.

Any body doing this IOW thing on a 'bent?

SW

"DR" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Andrew Richardson" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > I was thinking of doing the London to Brighton this year and haven't actually sent off my
> > application form yet. Having looked at some of the messages on this NG tonight it looks like
> > everyone's already sent off their applications and had their cheques cashed. Do you think it
> > would be futile sending mine off now?
>
> If you want a pleasant 60 mile ride consider the Isle of Wight Randonee on May 4th
> http://www.cycleisland.co.uk/
>
>
> David Roberts

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:06:32 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Any body doing this IOW thing on a 'bent?

Pino. Half bent, half upright tandem.

Tim
--

So am I correct in assuming that a 'bent trike is OK? Does it cost to bring a trike on the ferry?
Where is good safe parking for the car on the mainland side?

Thanks SW

"Tim Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 22:06:32 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Any body doing this IOW thing on a 'bent?
>
>
> Pino. Half bent, half upright tandem.
>
>
> Tim
> --
>
> fast and gripping, non pompous, glossy and credible.

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 08:12:41 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>So am I correct in assuming that a 'bent trike is OK?

Anything with wheels and pedals goes. It's not a UCI event.

>Does it cost to bring a trike on the ferry?

Dunno. Doubt it.

>Where is good safe parking for the car on the mainland side?

Depends on which direction you're coming from. We went from Portsmouth (it's nearest for us) and
landed at Fishbourne. Bike went free. We parked in the public car park opposite the ferry terminal
no problem. There's a similar parking arrangement at Southampton (might cost there) and I can't
comment on Lymington.

There's a link to the various ferries from the round the island website. Or google on Isle of
Wight ferries.

Tim
--

> How much is the average amount of sponsorship money brought in by a rider?

No idea, but there's a section on the form where you can say your company will match it and a few
other things that aren't entirely binding....

[email protected] (Andrew Richardson) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

You could try entering on the day, they always seem to have places going. The Isle of Wight sounds a
good alternative, I'm trying that this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.