LA Circuit Pro 1-2 Race re-cap, 3/5/6 punching and trying to crash one another!

cat6

Jun 2, 2004
http://californiabicycleracing.blogspot.com/

I get there and prep, then wait for our P/1/2 start. A huge crash in the Cat. 4s, with some idiot making it worse. Final sprint, a crash happens...the guy who avoided it & was in front of it (still sprinting), turned his head to look at it (like a moron), then he crashed into bystanders. Common sense says that this is a no-no, and real racers worry about the guys in front of them, not the racers behind them.
So the P/1/2 race starts at about 7pm (not really), and there was a lot of talent showing up full force. This one team had their entire crew except for this one jack-ass (also unemployed), who decided to drive up to the NRC race in Nor Cal and go it alone. Nice team spirit, huh? Taylor Made had their entire crew, like 50 guys (or it seemed like it). Kahala had a few, Simple Green had John Hershock (rode real aggressive), Labor (eventually won it), and Jason Bausch was extremely hard to contain! He kicked our asses at Food Park last week and yesterday, only to give us another beating today. At first, teammate Wiznura was with him in the break for the longest time until that break got reeled in, then another break goes, and Jason jumps across to that one. Thankfully, teammate John Gabriel went with him.
There was a little incident with Paul Che in the P/1/2 race; he got ****** off at me and told me to shut the F up. My response could have been better, and then he got really mad and tried to crash me. When that didn't work, he punched me. Now in the heat of the moment, some racers' emotions get the best of them; that's understandable. Had he acknowledged his bad behavior and apologized, that would have been the end of it; but it wasn't. When we talked to USCF Chief Official Greg Aden about it, Paul Che then lied to him and said that he didn't punch me. I'm tolerant of a lot of things, but I'm intolerant of liars. For the most part, everything in bike racing is fair game; that's the sport. If I don't like my wheel getting chopped or my handlebars getting hooked, then I had better find another sport to play. If you're called to the carpet, you stand up and hold yourself accountable for your actions; you don't lie about it. Afterwards, others came up to me to tell me that he's a dirty rider. Paul Che's a dirty, lying rider; not only could I have crashed, but what about the racers behind me? What did they do to Paul Che for possibly getting crashed out of a race? Paul only thought of himself while exacting his revenge at the moment, and that's a real shame. Most of us do this as a hobby and must return to work on Monday. It sucks even worse when you're getting a CAT scan before going to work. Needless to say, crashing and punching racers is not cool.
CBR teammate Johnny "Flames" Gabriel took 4th in the P/1/2 race; he had a good race today. It was good seeing everyone; people asked about El Dorado and Palmdale & gave me their thoughts. Overall, my legs are tired and my back is sore, but we got a 4th in a hotly contested race...so that's a good thing.

So, what's the point? No offense, but in my 15 years of racing, I have been involved in more altercations over the years than I care to admit. They are always in the heat of battle and always forgotten quickly by all involved (except in Europe where it seems to be a bit more "do or die").

Are you just trying to "out" some schmo who went a little too far. I don't blame you, but it got kinda' lost in your run-on report.

Heal quickly, and get back out there for some fair-play revenge.