LA Confidential

Steve wrote:
>> It may see the light of day in English before too long.
>>

> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/12/world/europe/12britain.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
>>

> Brian, are you STILL steaming over Lance ? Why don't you go down to the NYC
> Marathon and run along side of him while heckling him. Perhaps that will get
> it out of your system once and for all.

You underestimate Lafferty's perseverance. A marathon would merely serve
as a warm up for Brian.

Fred Fredburger wrote:
> You underestimate Lafferty's perseverance. A marathon would merely serve
> as a warm up for Brian.

You mean he's waiting for LANCE to do a Ironman triathlon ?

Donald Munro wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>>> Brian, are you STILL steaming over Lance ? Why don't you go down to the NYC
>>> Marathon and run along side of him while heckling him. Perhaps that will get
>>> it out of your system once and for all.

> Fred Fredburger wrote:
>> You underestimate Lafferty's perseverance. A marathon would merely serve
>> as a warm up for Brian.

> You mean he's waiting for LANCE to do a Ironman triathlon ?

No, what Lance does or did makes no difference.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> It may see the light of day in English before too long.
> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/12/world/europe/12britain.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

What in English law kept that sorry mess from being published
elsewhere, translated into any language?

Actually, I'd enjoy seeing it translated and sold here, just to see the
reaction from the Ellroy camp.

And Brian, please: it's, as you well know, spelled with an "iel" at the
end in French. --D-y

[email protected] wrote:
> And Brian, please: it's, as you well know, spelled with an "iel" at the
> end in French. --D-y

Don't rbr spelling rules apply to french as well ?

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:52:21 +0200, Donald Munro <[email protected]>
wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> And Brian, please: it's, as you well know, spelled with an "iel" at the
>> end in French. --D-y

>Don't rbr spelling rules apply to french as well ?

RBR spelling rules apply especially to French.

Ron

Donald Munro wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > And Brian, please: it's, as you well know, spelled with an "iel" at the
> > end in French. --D-y

> Don't rbr spelling rules apply to french as well ?

As I've pointed out from time to time over the years, there is no such
book as LA Confidential.

Well, wait, there is. But it was not written by Walsh/Ballestre, and
it's not about bicycles.

Maybe Walsh and Ballestre have hesitated at the prospect of a business
visit from Fat Tony?
--D-y